Used 1994 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

A monument to transportation!
By Fabron

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Wagon

Bought this car used with 130,000 miles for my wife to drive to work. I change the oil myself. Nothing, I mean nothing but oil has been touched on it with 229,000 miles on it now. I will definitely but another one in a minute. We drove it to Las Vegas from Sacramento. No problems through deserts, uphills and downhills, twisty mountains, or gas stations. We now take it everywhere we go without a thought.

Everything. Perfect transportation.

None.

Great 1st Car
By Mel

1994 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

This car was pretty much my present for my 18th birthday. I browsed around for a car and found this at a dealer. I drove it and was instantly attached to it. Yeah, it's not the fastest car on the road, but what I was looking for was there. Reliability. I live in the northeast, so there are things that are going to need changing (brake lines, exhaust system, stuff that rusts over time). Other than that, no mechanical problems to this very day. Very good car for a high school/college kid.

None really. Its an economy car. I changed the headlights to those blue/white ones for brightness.

A little more pep for the engine. Fine up until you hit highway speeds. And going up hills is just ridiculous.

I'm loving my rolla
By Todd

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 139,000 miles on it. About 4 months later, I'm up to 145,000. This was just going to be a "drive to work" car to save gas. Now, it's a drive all the time car. It's so easy to maneuver around town, I can't stand to drive my Taurus anymore. Gas mileage is generally around 32/33 mixed use. Have not had any mechanical issues AT ALL. Standard low beam lights were a little too low for me but the bright lights were the brightest I'd seen on a car. Rear defrost is nice and this car heats up very quickly. Even with the fan off, it will roast you at full temperature. Car has plenty of power at full speed but pick-up leaves something to be desired.

I change my own oil and this one is the easiest out of a dozen cars I've owned. Can reach right down from top of engine and unscrew filter. Turn radius is awesome. Nice sized trunk (with light) and excellent heat and defrost. Easy to maneuver and rarely feel blown around on the highway.

Acceleration isn't the greatest. I usually get passed starting off at red lights, especially uphill. My 93 Honda Civic is much quicker on getting up to speed. The cupholders don't fit 20 oz bottles which is what I normally drink but they fit okay in the console. Small sacrifices for a great car.

Most Reliable Car Ever Made
By seandicks

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased my Corolla BOCH in May 2008 because my Escort died on me. As far as I can see the Corolla was the best all around car ever made. I've put about 4000 miles on it and all I've had to do was put an O2 sensor on. I painted the drums and calipers, put a cold air intake on it, tinted the windows, nice system and alloy wheels. I've only owned 2 cars but this one blows the escort out of the water. It looks really modern for its time and has not failed me yet. There is 144000 miles on it now and I'm hoping to get upwards of 200,000. I know that it will surpass my expectations for it is known for its reliability. I'm getting a (1995) Maxima soon so we'll see how it compares.

Peppiness in 1st and 2nd gears while still maintaining its fuel economy. Passenger side air bags. Clean sound even with a stock muffler

Different cup holders. They get in the way of the ashtray :P And a clock on the base model. That should come standard on any car. My deck has one, but it should still be standard.

Nice ride
By NICE RIDE

1994 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I've owned this car for 2 years now bought it with 120,000 miles, now has 150,000 and still running great routine tune-ups and the car just keeps going better than non imported brands

Turns excellent, good speed, nice exterior design, shifts smooth, and good gas mileage

More comfy interior for those long trips