Used 1994 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 67 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

I'll Miss This Car...
By Dave

1994 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I bought this amazing car 15 yrs ago new in 1994. In 37 yrs of driving, it's been my best and favorite. MPG still 24-32 - used to get 25/35. Car was hit while parked & ins. co. totaled it. Was drivable, & I wanted to keep it, but repair was cost prohibitive. Now I'll donate it and looking at a used '06 Corolla CE - If I buy it & get the same great run out of it, WOW that would be great.

MPG and amazing reliability. I'll never forget her! :)

The only thing that I would have liked is if the intermittent wipers had a control feature for faster/slower int. speeds. Never understood why it didn't as the tech. existed/exists.

Corolla is a gem
By bernadette63

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car as local commute vehicle in 1994. It has been an excellent vehicle. Never needed anything other than regular maintenance. Hope Toyota continues to maintain high standards for their vehicles.

Gas mileage!

After 15 years the springs in the seats have weakened.

Love this car more the older it gets!
By Sully862

1994 Toyota Corolla DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Toyota Corolla DX brand new and have loved it since 1994. It keeps getting older, gets more miles on it, and just keeps humming along. It rides smoother than new Camrys, is peppy in the first and second gears and needs nothing but scheduled maintenance. Over the years the car has come to fit me like a glove and I don't want to replace it. I have 175,000 on this one and expect to take it well over 200,000. Like another reviewer I haven't had a car payment in ten years. I love what Toyota does for me!

Reliability, manual transmission, split folding rear seats, rear air ducts, side mounted front seats giving rear passengers more underseat foot room. Still get 30 MPG in the city and about 35 highway. Power everything including moonroof and everything still works!

Make it a little quieter and more comfy for longer trips.

This car is STILL an asset
By upoys

1994 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Back in March '02 I wrote a review for my car, stating how it was an asset. Well, over 7 years later, and @ 203k mi, this car is STILL an asset. My last car payment was 1998. This has been the BEST car I've ever owned! I still get approx. 33 mpg (mostly highway). Rust is starting to form on the bottom of the doors and hood. A/C no longer works. Small inconveniences given that I haven't made a car payment in over 11 years! Thanks Toyota for making the most reliable vehicle ever!

Reliable, 30+ mpg, everything still works (except the A/C), easy to maintain, comfortable ride, did I mention RELIABLE?!!

None! Pay attention American-made cars...and learn!!

Wonderful dependable little car
By churro28

1994 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

Our Toyota Corolla has been the most reliable car we have ever owned. It has survived 2 accidents and still has always cost us very little in upkeep. It has reached 200,000 miles and is still going strong.

Being our "dependable" car. Good engine, lots of life and vigor. Low maintenance costs. Spacious trunk, good MPG.

Don't care for the cup holders, radio, few very minor details.