Used 1991 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great Little Warrior
By ASTERIO

1991 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

After my first car (a Mazda 1300, 1975) this is the best car I've ever had. Economical, reliable and fast. If you take care of this car I think it may last forever. The only problem I had was an oil leak. It seems that this was the hair in the soup on this model. I fixed it myself but with some pain. If you have this problem I advise you to replace first the crankshaft seal. You may save money, time and some brain cells if you do this first. If just somebody would have told me this, I wouldn't have replaced everything else before to got there, but I finally fixed it. My brother is driving it now. He loved it too.

Economical, small, fast, soft steering. Easy to fix.

A better quality crankshaft seal.

My first Corolla
By lee

1991 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

Brought this car 9/04 with 170,000 miles to run errands, thought I'd lost it. I have a 07 Mountaineer but I love my 91 corolla too. I can get a new mountaineer but it might be hard to find a corolla. It's small but it's packing power, fun & great on gas! I have been hit twice by older cars and only a tiny dent. This is one SAFE car!

Well thought out surrondings.

The best car I've ever owned
By MiaT

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I've had quiet a few cars, all American, but this Toyota is the best ever. I bought it with 163,000 miles on it and now it has 241,000 and is still going! It's only ever needed minor repairs: brakes, tires, battery, starter. It still gets great gas mileage. I love my Corolla!

the entire car

Awesome littile car
By FRANK

1991 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for my wife a few years back and I want to tell you that this little car has been the best car we have owned thus far. Fuel economy has been outstatnding (approx. 40MPG), maintenance a breeze (I do it all myself), reliability excellent and with 195,000 miles on it, runs like new. The A/C and cruise control also work too. Great!!!!

A/C still works, Power everthing, all still functional.

Might want to work on rust problem on bumper.

What a great car!
By catgirl

1991 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

I purchased my car in 1998 and 7 years later it has never let me down! Unfortunately the body has not fared as well and I have to get rid of it :( I am picking up a Geo Prizm today, (same as the Corolla..sense a pattern here?)

The pep of the engine. A 14 year old car has no business being zippy!

The body needs improvement. It's much like a tin-can on wheels.