Used 1990 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1990 Toyota Corolla

View reviews for a specific Corolla model:

Great Car
By mkr2mr2

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

Great car, gets me to point A and to point B and hey even Z. Great car, mine is in great condition and great mpg, very good car. A good car to have especially with these gas prices.

MPG :D

Interior.

Miss it
By mekimeki

1990 Toyota Corolla 4dr Sedan

I just donated it after 12 years of ownership. Very reliable transportation with a stripped-down yet clean feel to its operation. Only problems: AC compressor died at 90,000 miles, then replacement leaked; alternator died at 150,000 miles; ceiling cover came loose and had to be pulled/scrubbed off. Overall, a dependable ride that was always there when I needed it.

Functional, no-nonsense interior; reliability.

The newer Corollas have taken them all into account.

Extraordinary
By amazing

1990 Toyota Corolla LE 4dr Sedan

I've had this car for 13 months now. I bought it with 183,000 miles on it and now it has 189,000 miles on it. It has never let me down.

The gas mileage is the best I have ever seen. It's a standard so it is fun to drive.

Stiffer suspension for better handling.

Why did they stop making this car?!
By John

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Wagon AWD

One of my favorites of all time. This is my third and they are getting harder to find. Runs circles around my AWD CRV in the snow. Better traction and gas mileage than the Honda. I don't know why Toyota doesn't make a nice little AWD wagon with MANUAL transmission and good gas mileage. They have handed the market to Subaru.

Reliable and outstanding All-trac AWD system. Nice size, manual transmission, small wagon is very useful vehicle.

Make it again Toyota! Seat belts are awkward.

Ol' Reliable - Will Run Forever!!!
By Ol' Reliable

1990 Toyota Corolla Deluxe 4dr Sedan

This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned - it is now at 268,000 miles and still going strong. It has never broken down, although I have had to replace a few things on it - it just has never left me stranded. Although the automatic transmission robs a bit of the power, it consistently gets around 28-30 mpg in town and mid to high-30's on the road. I have serviced it regularly (3,000-mi oil changes, trans services, coolant flushes, brakes, etc.) and I plan on keeping it until it passes the 300,000-mile mark. I do my own servicing, and not everything is easy to do, but not impossible. Kudos, Toyota, to making such a high-quality vehicle!

Excellent Reliability!! High quality interior, excellent fit- and-finish, great fuel economy

5-speed manual transmission would be a better choice with only 1.6L and 101 horsepower.