Used 2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Fun car!!!
By ez

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a fun car! I have had so much fun driving this car up and down California's famous Highway 1 (aka the Pacific Coast Highway) I can't begin to tell you. I also use it as a daily commuter, with a manual transmission, and it is a head-turner, even after having it for some time. The design is distinctive and cohesive; some sporty cars look like they have been pieced together from a lot of different designs. The Celica looks like one car, front to back. If you love to drive, you'll love this car!

Driving it on twisty roads!

A bit larger cabin...

Have owned 2 - Luv 'em
By Celi's Mom

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

My first was a '91 Celi Conv. Sold it in 2003 and bought a new one. Celi generally stays within the zip code, but when we go - we are off for a long ride. I get a bit more than 30mpg in town and on the road close to 36 if she's just been tuned and my foot doesn't get heavy. Never had a mechanical problem with either Celica. So with 14 years and 150,000 miles experience, perhaps I'm an expert.

Handles well in traffic, parks easily, mountains are not an issue, gets great gas mileage and I can pack everything I need for 3-4 months in Fla in it. Sporty look makes me feel good about driving it.

I'm only sorry my next new car won't be a Celica. Since they will no longer be manufactured for the US after 2005. Of course I won't need a new car until 2011.

Adventures Car Needing Interior Design
By melloww22

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall the exterior is daring and smooth line look of a sports car worth more than its price tag. The interior is the biggest draw back, cheap plastic sorrounds the driver taking away some its glamour. Accelaration is weak, but the turns are amazing. This 7th generation Celica is by far the best in its class but leaves ample room for future performance and quality improvements.

The seats are racing appealing, and the leather fits your body well.

Horsepower at least above the 200 mark for a stock version and a GTS version of at lest 260 would bring a more younger audience to dealears across the nation. Interior needs a better materials other than the cheap laughable plastic.

Sporty fun!
By Baz

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GT 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Toyota Celica is a dream come true. The car is simply a blast to drive. I own a GT (the cheaper edition) and have had plenty of fun zipping around corners and speeding through country roads. The handling is amazing, the speed is good, and the best part is the looks. The Celica looks like a race car of the 21st century. Test drive this car and I'm sure you'll be impressed. It's the best of the sports cars in my opinion, and I'm sad to see it retire.

The exterior styling! Wow, I could just stare at the car for days. It is a pretty dramatic and impressive design and you'll be noticed in a sea of boring cars. The handling is also a pleasure I come to quickly miss when driving other non-Celica cars.

The interior designs could use more work. The futuristic center console is fine, but the colors are bland and nothing about it really screams "style". A few aftermarket tweaks can give the interior more pazazz. Also the space is cramped but for a car in this class that's axiomatic.

Red Bull
By Michelle

2005 Toyota Celica Hatchback GTS 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 17 months, and its been the best 17 months of my life. I get the looks, the stares, and the whistles... too bad I have a fiance!! This car is super reliable, I can never use the excues that my car is broke down and can't make it to work! Doesn't matter if you truckin' through the rain or have the sunroof back and heading to the beach. This is a fantastic car, but... if you're my dad you would disagree. He is about 6'2" 250lbs, and can't seem to master getting in and out of the vehicle!

The body style is the car best attribute. The head lights are fantastic as well as the tail lights. I have an 04 GT-S and it's great! I also can change gears with my steering wheel! That's a lot of fun!

The visibility through the rear window was a little difficult to master, but once your comfortable with the car you know where you need to look to have a clear view. I also wish that the Celicas had an interior trunk release.