Used 2000 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews - 113 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

LOVE my Celica!!!
By bdnintendo

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

My Celica currently has 135,000 miles on it and is running STRONG! I do have a bit of a lead foot, but it's really hard not to with this car. It just makes you want to drive like a race car driver! It has unbelievable handling, awesome looks, and a one of a kind design! This car turns A LOT of heads! VERY reliable, gas efficient, and easy to fall in love with!

Awesome exterior design, Sports car interior design, awesome gas mileage, PROUD to be the owner!

Even though this car zips around pretty quick it could use a little more horses. But as much as this car weighs (2500 lbs) it won't take much to make it quicker than most cars on the street!

Great Car
By Craig

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought mine with 116,000 miles on it. It now has 169,000. Replaced tires, clutch, changed coolant, had it tuned up and had all 4 struts replaced (not out of necessity, just because I wanted to). It's been running perfect ever since. I get (30 mpg) even when I drive it hard and have fun. Check engine light came on about a year ago, I replaced the Cat. Converter, light still stays on, but the car runs fine. I keep waiting for it to give me a sign it's ready to be traded, but I believe I'll be waiting a while for this to happen.

Engine, gas mileage, looks, styling, reliability, stock sound system. Shifting through the gears is a pleasure.

Check Engine Light stays on... even after problem has been fixed.

Not too bad...
By Ghost

2000 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car used with TONZ on miles. 160,000. They said it had been rebuilt. NOPE. Car ran great with miles, even put up with me building it, turbocharging it, and street racing, all the way up to 160mph. These cars motors are great, they make a little clatter cause of the VVTI-L, but otherwise a great handling vehicle. Try taking a corner at 30mph, drop a low gear and floor it out of the corner. Whew.. the car will make you smile. AMAZING performance with turbo. Enough said. Great little car, not quite fast enough acceleration to be a race car, but it did okay with builds. The car has 170,000 miles on it today, and still stands up and shouts with the best. I give it a 8 out of 10.

Scary good handling when screaming down canyons, and traffic swimming. Great sound with Magnaflow muffler, and fun response in the snow.

MORE TORQUE AND HORSEPOWER. You make the car seem fast with its looks, and it barely beats Honda Civic Type-R's... Embarrassing Toyota.. Come on... You can do better.

Fresh Whip
By NDubK

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I've had my Red 2000 Toyota Celica GT for 2 years and have had only few repairs done to it. (Tire router, Tie rod, O2 sensor) and it runs amazingly. The Celica does not have the strongest engine, seeing it's only a 1.8L engine with an inline 4, but it does have a surprisingly fast acceleration due to it's light-weight design. My Celica has been turning heads everywhere I go, and that's half the fun of driving isn't it? She hugs turns with amazing grip. I can go 45mph on a highway ramp without any body roll! I've kept her in amazing condition, and babied her for as long as I've had her. I highly recommend buying a Celica if your looking for an inexpensive sports car.

First, the racing bucket seats. I have a red Celica, so the red stitching on the seats goes perfectly with the car. The stock exhaust is better than most cars too, even though I opted to get a nice afterstock exhaust. The stock rims are nice, no hubcabs, just alloys. The lightweight design is a plus

The interior design (dash, backseats) is a tad bit tacky. More HP would be nice too. And the Celica is hard to modify engine-wise. It's so crammed in the engine that I have no where to put a high air intake.

Great Car
By Z16

2000 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

Bought it for the wife 4 years ago. This car just keeps on going. Runs amazingly well in snow with Goodyear Triple treads. I am going to move up a couple of years for her next car. Why did they ever stop making these cars?

Looks, dependability