Used 1992 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1992 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Great vehicle
By celica racer 05

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Coupe

This car has provided me with a great first car experience and I totally love this car. It has lots of power to it and is comfotable to drive. However it is a little bit noisy, meaning road noise. But overall I would recommend this car to anybody. Toyotas are very reliable.

My favorite feature is the smallness of the car. It handles awesome and just fun to drive.

The only improvement I would say that this car needs would be maybe a little more power. Maybe 150 -175 hp. But even that isn't a must.

My 92 celica for life
By 1992celicaGTS

1992 Toyota Celica GT-S 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car in 2003 with 117k miles on it. I never really had a major problem on it. I did my usual tune-up and had to repair both cv boots a few weeks ago... that's pretty much it. The performance is awesome considering the price I paid. Plus I install aftermarket air intake, full exhaust, and advanced the timing. The car is quick. It's very reliable considering its built by Toyota and plus it gets good gas mileage. I happy with the car.

Style, wide tires, cornering, gas mileage, engine quietness, torque pull is strong

A little more horsepower couldn't hurt - instead of 135hp they should up it to 150-160hp considering its power to weight ratio.The cup holder should be situated somewhere else ... it's hard to shift if I have drink in the holder.

Great car. Fun to drive, very reliable
By JohnMarks

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this car for 12 years and I have had no major mechanical issues. The air conditioning has started to weaken and the tires are pretty expensive to replace. The car is a bit slow off the line but handles quite well. I have had some success with it on the track due to its handling capabilities.

Handling, sun roof, gas mileage (30+ on highway, 20-25 city driving)

Speed off the line is slow. Around 10 secs... ouch!

The Greatest Car I Never Wanted
By aviatorboi

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

My parents got me this car as a graduation gift. At first, I really didn't want it, but it has grown on me so much, that I fear I will never get rid of it. This car is just fun to drive. It is VERY solid and is made out of strong metal parts (which accounts for its weight). After 13 years ther are no squeaks or rattles. No doubt the car is sporty, fun and safe. Also I have only ever replaced the Alternator and light bulbs since I have owned it.

Solid Feel, Good Steering, Auto Temperature Control, Auto Rear Window Defroster, Front Wheel Drive, Audio System (Amazingly premium and tuned for the acoustics of the interior), Sunroof, Low maintennance,

Someone who obviously rode the train to work designed the cup holders - THEY SUCK! Gas Mileage leaves a bit to be desired, but the power gain with the ECT is nice. Seats are uncomfortable, but you get used to them after a few chiropractor visits.

Best car I've ever owned
By arthur15

1992 Toyota Celica GT 2dr Hatchback

This is the perfect car for those without kids. Still drives like it's brand new. Looks better than most new coupes as well. A timeless car. Amazing engine for a very light car. Can't go wrong with a used Celica.

Surprising quick and torquey engine.

A little small for anyone over 6 feet tall.