Used 1991 Toyota Celica Coupe Consumer Reviews - 19 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Excellent vehicle
By Brett

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

This was my first car, which I bought in 1994 with 81,000 miles. I drove the car until 2005 with 232,000 miles. The vehicle is truly remarkable. The car never had a drivetrain issue, and handles and rides very well. I always felt comfortable and in complete contol behind the wheel. The car has excellent design matched with great overall quality. I have yet to find a suitable replacement. Highly recommended.

The overall build quality coupled with great interior ergonomics and understated appearence. Ride comfort, handling performance, strong brakes, reliability and stereo performance.

The mechanized antenna eventually failed, as well as the trunk door hinges. The CV joints needed frequent replacement.

Will always buy Toyota
By Adam

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

Bought this car without thinking twice with 165000 miles on it and haven't regretted it yet. Now with 212000 miles on it, original motor and transmission, running strong.

COLD A/C! Layout of the dashboard. Gas mileage. Reliability. Timeless design.

More low end torque. Longer gear ratios. Better designed trunk hinges.

Gotta Love Toyotas
By matt campbell

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

I recently bought this car with almost 200k miles, it started in Indiana, then made its way to Ohio, Connecticut and now NY. All it needs now is a new exhaust manifold otherwise it runs like new and even for its age it performs amazing. even though its Not a GT when I found this car and test drove it I knew I would be a fool not to but it anyway. If you find a car like this DONT PASS IT UP you'll regret it later.

The design of the interior is comfy and positioning of the seat, wheel, shift knob, and controls are perfect. handling, economy, reliability, and just a great car, Lots of fun.

If you like to have a little more fun I'd say slightly bigger, wider, lighter wheels and better performance tires is all you really need otherwise the car is Flawless.

More HP
By Alex

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe ST 2dr Coupe

I recently purchased this vehicle... it's my first car. I am very happy with most of the qualities of this car except for one. I am really disappointed in the standard engine of this model because of lack of horsepower and torque. I live where I commute across a bridge and go up steep hills and the lack of horsepower and tourque makes me feel like I sometimes won't make it up. I thought about tuning it up but when i realized there was only 103 hp and 102 ft. lbs. of tourque i decided it wasn't worth it. Otherwise this a great car with great gas mielage.

gas mileage

More horsepower and more torque

Wonderful car
By josey

1991 Toyota Celica Coupe GT 2dr Coupe

At 235,000 miles my car is still going strong. I have replaced the clutch and a few new sets of tires and regular oil changes and it still runs like new.. I would buy a new one in a minute and my husband and i are already thinking about it.. Very well thought out car.. Yes they may be a little more expensive than some cars but you always get what you pay for...

keeps on going