Used 2012 Toyota Camry SE Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car for what it is!
By Tony

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

To be fair this isn't an Audi, Lexus, Benz, Beamer, or Acura. This car is an affordable and reliable means to get from point A to point B. I've had the car for 2 years and I've put 40,000 miles on (currently at 130,000 mile). I buy cars like this because of the amount of miles I put on, I like to buy right around 100,000 miles and run them into the ground. Outside of regular maintenance I have only had one very minor repair to do- it was a valve in the vacuum system, cost less than $200.00. At 130,000 the car feels confident and solid, starts well every time, acceleration is adequate although nothing to brag about. During the summer months I average about 29mpg- mainly highway millage (I have a lead foot, plus the speed limits are 70mpg in WI which means I go 80-85). I have a set of Bridgestone tires on the car currently, and on city streets in goes through snow as well or better than my wife's 4wd Rav4. I'm confident putting my newborn in the car, insurance is low, and I'll definitely buy again. I've had just about every brand- now I stick with Toyota.

Yawnnnn
By Mark Carson

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Great car for those around the town trips. More road noise than desired. Acceleration and pickup is ok, not blazing fast but it's not to be expected. Good mpg, 28 to 32. Back seats to not fold flat. They fold about 75% flat. There is a tire inflation monitoring system. It shows four tires with the pressure of each tire. If one is low, you have no clue on how to find the low tire. Strange. Good all round car. Nothing special to note however.

Boringly reliable
By Timothy Hornyak

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Nothing about this car will dazzle anyone. But it is reliable and thrifty to own.

90,000 miles and just getting broken in
By Gandolf

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2012 Camry SE last November with 90,000 miles on it. The car is tight, fast, handles fantastic and is beautiful to look at inside and out. They say a Camry is an old person's car. Well this old person is a spirited driver and the SE is hiding its true identity. It is an SE with all the XLE options.

Don't believe all bad reviews.
By s bonom

2012 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned my black camry se 4 cyl for 4 yrs now, and its been a very good car overall. Drives good, quiet engine with power I didn't expect from a 4 cyl. Good gas mileage - 30 in city. Turns low rpm's due to 6 speed trans. Not so good - Plastic interior, and fake leather, but durable. Interior really doesn't look that bad. Exterior paint chips & scratches off easily - thats my biggest complaint.