Used 2012 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car Need Better Leg Room in Front
By jnealy87

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

purchased this car certified used with lifetime engine warranty and everything is so far great and have only one issue and its mostly due to me being 6'3 and my legs are quite long and during travel 10- 20 mins ride is cool but once I try to ride for 30 to 1 hour of driving my legs starts to hurt due to no resting area for legs and hands also starts hurting due to Constance input to the steering wheel the car drifts left to right when on high ways and its tough to keep it straight and that's due to the electronic steering that Toyota now places on the camry and that's a big issue for long driving periods other that those to faults everything is great love all the features including the blind spot monitor and its work it just miss all the rear feature that the 2007-2011 had that was great rear sun shade and reclining rear seats and adjustable heat rests that was hot but now the cut it all out but its a great car I have 71,000 miles on it and have no issues with engine or transmission so everything is great

Beautiful Car with one Exception!
By Jacqueline Ayadi

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is a beautiful shiny 2012 black Toyota Camry. It is such a smooth ride except for the squealing brakes. When I first took it for a trial run the week before I bought it, I did not notice squealing brakes. I bought the car because it is a newer model which was at a good price. I bought the car on Friday Feb 19th, heard the squealing brakes and took it back to the SD Toyota Service Center on Monday Feb 22. I was told the brakes are in good condition, they probably got amerol on them. I was told the squealing should stop after I drive it some. After giving their explanation some consideration, that answer didn't seem right. Additionally the squealing continues. In my past experience of driving cars, usually when the brakes squeal something is wrong! I am very disappointed with my purchase as I believed it was the right car for me!

1st & last Camry
By Hunter

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE Limited Edition 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

1 year 3 months of

Pros
- Barcelona red paint
-Maintenance is easy on your wallet
-Reliable
-Good on gas

Cons
-Long distance seat comfort
-Subpar materials, extremely cheap
-Weak 4 cyl engine
-Transmission is constantly shifting to conserve fuel
-ZERO SOUND DEADENING !! What were the engineers thinking.

Overall, I know this car will provide years of trouble free motoring that won't require me to use my wallet that much. However, I won't ever buy another Camry. Having been in a 99 Camry it's almost night and day. The '99 Camry was quiet, had better quality materials and the transmission wasn't indecisive.

Rattle trap
By David Fass

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I am disappointed in Toyota. Besides the several recalls for this and for that, there are persistent rattles in the cabin. I thought that at the very minimum a Toyota would have a silent cabin. My 2002 Hyundai also had annoying rattles, but that was what I expected when I bought a used Hyundai. When I bought a brand new Toyota, I expected silence. No sir. Dashboard rattles and seat belt rattles, that's what I have. Also, the brakes squeal intermittently on the highway, and dealer says they're fine. Great, thanks. Not to mention, this car did poorly on the IIHS small overlap test. I don't think Toyota deserves their reputation for quality anymore. I would have probably done better with a Hyundai or Kia.

Give me my Mazda back!
By JoAnne Wise

2012 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The headlights are poor. It's so easy to outrun them. The first winter I had this car I had gas "sticker shock". I was only getting 20-22MPG and that was highway driving. The fob is set up awkwardly - I'm forever accidentally hitting the trunk switch even when driving. Not good! The GPS is great as far as it automatically updates itself without purchasing upgrades but when it computes your drive time it uses a factor of 55MPH. And I was not impressed with my resell value. I always thought a Toyota held its value. Not! I did better with my 10 year old Mazda Protege than my 4 year old Camry with all the bells and whistles. Guess what I'm now shopping for - a Mazda. Yeah!
Update: 12/14/16 I purchased a Mazda CX-5 last December and I'm still loving it. Haven't missed the Toyota at all! Best decision I could have made!!!!!!