Used 2011 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Car is great, but sucks too
By slick_willie

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Attention.
The manual is crappy in 1-2 or 2-3.
It just is a bad combination to have the wallowy suspension and clutch be not smooth.

The only way it is decent is if you are trying to use it like a racecar, but most people dont drive to 4000 rpm and then shift.

Cupholders.. This car is TERRIBLE.
If you take a trip and have a cooler,, forget it.
You drink a can of coke for you and your passenger.
When you want another one?
Where can you put it?
NOWHERE.

on my honda, I can put 4 cans under the radio (zero for the camry)
I can also put 6 cans in the door.
ZERO for the camry.
The door storage is worthless except for a paperback book.

in 3rd -6th gear.. I love it.

Car engine is very smooth and has nice torque. Base seats suck. Terrible. It is base, though. They are soft and spongy. Good for grandma. Hard to complain too much. I paid 14900 for my base camry speed. Car salesman lied/mistaken and told me it had a ipod USB. It only had a speaker in port. It would be nice to charge my unit via usb

My accord 5sp is SOO0 much more fun to drive. This camry, if not a good $deal$, I would be angry that I bought it. Firmer seats. Make gears 1-5 as if it was a 5 speed. Add a tall 6th gear. GEAR SHIFTER.. is 5 inches TOO TALL. I can not rest my arm on the console and shift with my wrist. GEAR SHIFTER and ADD CUP STORAGE in the door are pennies of cost. Kind of crappy blindspot,, but that does not make it not fun to drive. I like the headlight pattern. very bright. HUGE Trunk. fantastic. at 55, cushy. I can see why grannie likes it. Back seat.. ROOMY. Front seat.. Uncomfortable and unsupportive. Did not notice on test drive.

Love this car! Should have bought it sooner
By sevn86

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2011 Toyota Camry SE on Jan. 29th 2011. It has the white exterior with black leather seats. It also has a Sunroof, Push button start. Bluetooth, Rear Spoiler, Auto Dimming mirror w/ compass, DLX radio package, and sealant package. I am very pleased with this car. I traded in my 2000 Toyota camry and man im so glad I did. This car is very smooth and very responsive. Its a bit bouncy cuz it has the sport suspension but I love it! Over all the quality both inside and out is great. I paid $24,500+TTL which came out to $26,162 out the door but i also got $3,000 for my trade so my out the door price was $23,162.01. MSRP was $27,862. I also got 0% for 60 months. Is that a good deal?

Push button start, the radio, The beautiful leather seats, The sporty look of the SE package. I also really like the 5 spoke 17 inch wheels. It has so much room! The trunk is huge!

Nothing i can think of at the moment.

Best Ever
By toyotaown2

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This car is a blast to drive, and great to ride in.
The room inside is exceptional for a car that provides this type of performance.
No matter if you are in the front passenger seat or back seat.
All the little features really make this car special.
Great gas mileage and got a great deal.
Without a dobut this car is a great choice, and oh, Lifetime Waranty makes it all the more special.

Roomy leather interior, performance, gas mileage.

None, keep doin what you doin.

Glad it was a rental
By concordenerd

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I rented this vehicle as I was interested in buying one someday.
I must say this car was new with only 3,000 miles on it and it was a let down.
The carpet next to the driver seat was not even put under the molding near the door.
You could see underneath the car.
The window switch panel was peeling/flaking off.
The transmission was a bit harsh as when you braked it jerked down in gears.
Not good.
So I am glad that I did not buy this car with these kinds of problems.
I guess you'll have to look over the camry's with a good eye before you buy now.

ride comfort

Build quality

Good Choice
By broufam

2011 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2011 Camry LE on Jan 6,2011. I Paid $20,500. I have the Bluetooth and Window tint and Aluminum wheels. I travel primary highway miles at 130 miles round trip per day. I have now filled up 3 times and as I average my fuel, it has been consistant with 31mpg highway. I do not do very much city driving. I drive 73Mph with cruise everyday to work.
The car handles well, saying it has the 4cyl w/auto transmission. It is pretty comfortable to drive the distance I do to and from work. I have plenty of head room and the children in the back say they sit comfortable. My wfie sat in the back seat at the height of 5'5" and had no complaints. She really enjoys the car when she gets to driv

The car is comfortable for long trips as I am consistantly driving on the highway. The car handles well in both rain and while dry. The seats are comfortableand enterior for the most part I have no major complaints on. The bluetooth sytem could be a little more user friendly with some updated features. I have an old parrt system in my truck and it blows the doors off of toyotas system. Too complicated, install an aftermarket system for the same $399 price Toyota charges and get a better quality system.

There are only a few things that major improvments need to be done to make this car an excellent choice for my next purchase. 1) The wind noise coming from the firewall is to loud, especially when behind another vehile. It sounds like a jet engine in front of you. 2) Upgrade the bluetooth sytem with more upto date feature and make it more user friendly. 3) Door handles on inside need to relocate to a better position as you can not comfortable rest your arm on the door handle as in most other vehicle. 4) The inside door close handles position make it difficult to open and close the windows as you must remove your arm from the armrest and go around it at an angle to use the window contr