Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

I can't complain
By robrjay

2011 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in a Ford Taurus X (Flex) to get the Camry SE.
The SE model is the only one I liked.
The sporty look is great to me.
I was on the fence between this one and the 2011 Accord.
The ONLY reason I went with the Camry is the seats were more comfortable.
The Accord seats hurt my back.

The car feels really solid to me and my wife enjoys the ride as well.
The suspension is noticeably firmer in the SE vs the LE or XLE which we both like.
I hope to have it for many years, trouble free.

SE Trim, 6 speed tranny is great to me. The ergonomics work great for my body type. My 6ft 5 son can fit fine in the back seat, and he also says there is enough leg room when he drives it. Alloy wheels look really nice on this trim.

Interior plastics on dash seem cheap. The audio control menus are a bit confusing initially, but once you figure out what it wants, it's not bad. Otherwise, I don't have any real big complaints. It seems like a great car.

2011 LE 2.5L Auto Updated 5-14-11
By mkrahn

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

This is my second Camry the first one 2007 V6 logged on 189K very strong performer until trans went out back in Aug 2010 that's when I took delivery of the 2011 2.5L auto which now as 45K.
There is little difference between the years, but for 2012 that should change new model make over.
No problems so far the engine along with the 6 speed transmission verses the older model using a small 2.4L and a 5 speed transmission makes the difference I think.

There are none. Its the same design as the 2007 model with only a few changes on the out side, but she does run and rides comfortable going down the highway.

Can't wait too see the new 2012 model

Great Ride. Small Build Problems Dealer Doesn't Fix
By homebase

2011 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have 4,000 miles on my 2011 Camry XLE 4cyc leather Nav. It has a smooth quite ride, engine is strong enough, zero sportyness.

The turn signal mechanisum makes a clicking sound whenever the turn signal is engaged and the wheel is turned.

The climate control needs to be adjusted continuously while driving.

Other than the two minor problems I am going to have to fight with my dealer to fix, it is a great car. The
first time the dealer looked at the car he kept it 4 days before he told me everything is normal.

I don't think I will ever buy another Toyota.

Smooth quite ride. Engine strong enough. Good radio.

Have the dealer network. fix the problems with the Toyota product.

Transmission
By delbar

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

the worst car I have ever driven and I owned an 05 for 6 years.
The transmission "jerks" the brakes bind the engine whines and overall the performance is terrible. Toyota claims there is nothing wrong with it but I say the 6 speed transmission is very bad.

none

fix the transmission !

I like it!
By flbntz

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2010 Prius, and liked it, but after the newness, and coolness wore off, it was boring to drive.
Not solid feeling, tinny, and hollow.
Bought a 2010 Golf, and liked it, but something told me to drive a Camry after a year, and a half with the Golf, so I did, and although I have some of the same concerns as others here, ie, trans shifts a bit rough sometimes, overall, I really like the car.
Surprises me.
Always thought I'd like an Accord better, but this is very peaceful to drive.
Isolates you from some of the crap that goes on on the roads, rude drivers. etc.
Can get lost in this car, and don't mind.
32.09mpg, first tank.
Really look forward to driving it.
Very nice on trips.

Smooth, trans well suited to engine. Plenty of power from four cylinder. Goes wherever you point it. Great gas milage from a car this size, and power. Comfortable. Isolates you from the outside world a bit. Ahh. Center of gravity feels down below the car. Interesting to drive, once you get used to it. Remember renting an older Camry, and thinking it was boring, too soft in the corners, but taking what would otherwise have been a long, and annoying drive to meet a friend, and getting out of the car at the end, and feeling good. This car is a feel-good car for me, as well. I feel good after driving it. :) Also, got 0% financing for five years, and gap insurance!

Trans could shift more smoothly. Older Camry I rented hunted for gears, you could watch the tach going all over the place, but it didn't jerk the car; you couldn't feel it. Think this car's trans is also super precise, but you feel it jerk. Small annoyance, not enough to make me not really like the car, because there is a basic something about this car that is REALLY likable, but that would be my two cents. I hope Toyota gets back on their feet. They were always at the top, and the recalls made them stumble a little bit, but they seem determined to make it up to people. I like this car, my second Toyota in a year and a half. I'm happy with it.