Used 2011 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Ride. Small Build Problems Dealer Doesn't Fix
By homebase

2011 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have 4,000 miles on my 2011 Camry XLE 4cyc leather Nav. It has a smooth quite ride, engine is strong enough, zero sportyness.

The turn signal mechanisum makes a clicking sound whenever the turn signal is engaged and the wheel is turned.

The climate control needs to be adjusted continuously while driving.

Other than the two minor problems I am going to have to fight with my dealer to fix, it is a great car. The
first time the dealer looked at the car he kept it 4 days before he told me everything is normal.

I don't think I will ever buy another Toyota.

Smooth quite ride. Engine strong enough. Good radio.

Have the dealer network. fix the problems with the Toyota product.

Transmission
By delbar

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

the worst car I have ever driven and I owned an 05 for 6 years.
The transmission "jerks" the brakes bind the engine whines and overall the performance is terrible. Toyota claims there is nothing wrong with it but I say the 6 speed transmission is very bad.

none

fix the transmission !

I like it!
By flbntz

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought a 2010 Prius, and liked it, but after the newness, and coolness wore off, it was boring to drive.
Not solid feeling, tinny, and hollow.
Bought a 2010 Golf, and liked it, but something told me to drive a Camry after a year, and a half with the Golf, so I did, and although I have some of the same concerns as others here, ie, trans shifts a bit rough sometimes, overall, I really like the car.
Surprises me.
Always thought I'd like an Accord better, but this is very peaceful to drive.
Isolates you from some of the crap that goes on on the roads, rude drivers. etc.
Can get lost in this car, and don't mind.
32.09mpg, first tank.
Really look forward to driving it.
Very nice on trips.

Smooth, trans well suited to engine. Plenty of power from four cylinder. Goes wherever you point it. Great gas milage from a car this size, and power. Comfortable. Isolates you from the outside world a bit. Ahh. Center of gravity feels down below the car. Interesting to drive, once you get used to it. Remember renting an older Camry, and thinking it was boring, too soft in the corners, but taking what would otherwise have been a long, and annoying drive to meet a friend, and getting out of the car at the end, and feeling good. This car is a feel-good car for me, as well. I feel good after driving it. :) Also, got 0% financing for five years, and gap insurance!

Trans could shift more smoothly. Older Camry I rented hunted for gears, you could watch the tach going all over the place, but it didn't jerk the car; you couldn't feel it. Think this car's trans is also super precise, but you feel it jerk. Small annoyance, not enough to make me not really like the car, because there is a basic something about this car that is REALLY likable, but that would be my two cents. I hope Toyota gets back on their feet. They were always at the top, and the recalls made them stumble a little bit, but they seem determined to make it up to people. I like this car, my second Toyota in a year and a half. I'm happy with it.

Camry is just a Great Car
By eddie_k

2011 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I had the '05 Base Camry with a manual trans and got 240K from it.
The new version still has everything I need as a big-time highway commuter.
Comfort, quiet, power, reliable, good mpg.
I drive in the Mts. so prefer the manual trans and it's hard to find a stick in a mid-sized quiet sedan like the Camry.
This car is seen everywhere of course but that's why you want it - everyone knows how to fix it and parts always available.
Base model still has a couple quirks - no keyless entry and only one power plug.

Quiet but powerful engine that delivers 30 mpg in a super reliable and comfortable sedan under 20K. Got mine for 18K at 0%.

EVERY car should have 2 power ports for charger and GPS (this base has only 1). Could easily have keyless entry even in the base. Lack of lots of cupholders is not a bid deal to me. Installed SiriusXM would have been nice as well as alloy rims but the smaller tires on the base rims are more affordable. I bought a power splitter and keyless entry system from BestBuy - $200 total installed - and this car now has everything I wanted.

First Camry, Second Toyota
By bobw8

2011 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Toyota Corolla "S" was the first Compact family car owned.
Loved the MPG and attractive styling. Lots of nice features - however, always had mid sized/large cars and Corolla was just too small and did not like sport suspension.
Dealer got me out of my lease 11 months early and put me in the Camry LE.
Feel I paid top dollar to do this but am, at this point, very happy.
Too early for complete review but will definitely do follow ups and keep in touch with this site.
Initially I am very pleased.

I personally like the appearance/style. Extremely satisfied with ride. Impressive inside room. Perfect place for clock (never got to see the clock in my Corolla). Like the lighted ignition switch, Corolla did not have this feature. Am very pleased with the quiet and comfortable ride. More to come in time.

Standard shift feature in the Auto Transmission is a waste and the cost saved by eliminating this feature should be passed on to the consumer. Bet 90 plus percent of owners have not/do not use this feature. Miss the MPG display that the Corolla had. Feel outside temp feature is not needed. Corolla "auto off" headlight system turned off lights with the ignition - Camry has a delay, 30 second (??) that I still do not trust. Also miss break away side mirrors. Will follow up but seem to be aware of up and down shift of transmission. Not annoying but am aware.