Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

How could I've been so wrong?
By joe322

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

The 2 factors in buying the auto were the name and 0% interest for 60 months.
Within a week I'd had the vehicle back to thedealer twice(rain or snow coming off the roof when door opened, blind spots when vehicles pass,and then theres the transmission.)
I'm 62 and have driven many vehicles but none like this.
The tranny is always seeking a gear,
it without warning downshifts at 40 mph, it drifts back on a hill when your changing from braking to acceleration,
it revs to approx 5000rpm before engaging the tranny on a fast getaway and forget cruising thru the country at 25 to 30 miles and hour.
And after reading your reviews today I find it's not my imaginationwhen I hear something rollin

or clunking in the trunk. I've filed papers with the Feds, NTSB, Toyota, and the dealer(Washington Toyota. The last time ended in a heated argument when they said my wife and I were different sizes as drivers so it takes a while for the computer to clear and run correctly. Lastly I can't believe that you have a large number of entries saying that the Toyota Camry is the greatest invention since sliced bread. Could it be that agents of the corporation are posting these reviews?

I'm loving my new Camry!
By beautifulrx3

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I used to have a 1996 light blue camry which I loved. It was a great car. Alas, I gave it to my grandmother and it is still running strong. Decided to purchase a new Camry. This car drives like a dream! It's a pretty gray metallic color. It's great on gas also. I've had for two weeks now haven't had to fill the tank. I can plug my Ipod touch into the Aux and play all my songs! It's about 30 degrees here so my seat warmer is getting a lot of action. The trunk is big and roomy. The seats are comfortable and cozy. My windows are tinted, so when I'm riding through town, I feel like a star..I'm not kidding! I am so glad I invested in another toyota. They really are great cars.

heated seats, roomy trunk,comfortable ride, pretty style and color.

ok. the dashboard with the stereo does look a little cheap.That's my only gripe!

Still excellent
By JonJon1223

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I LOVE my Camry SE. I do a lot of driving daily, mostly highway. I get 30+ mpg, the ride is comfortable and quiet, the seats are really nice, great stereo with XM radio. It's roomy and fun to drive. Don't believe all the negativity that appears here. It's mostly bogus. Camry is by far still above the Sonata, Accord, and Altima.

MPG, seats, stereo, handling, great engine, etc

Make heated side mirrors standard

Tire alignment problems
By ken

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this Camry 14 months ago and put almost every mile on it and really baby it. Since before 10,000 miles I started hearing tire noise. After having checked the tire dealer who said I had no warranty,Toyota ck and said the front end and rear alignment were out,I have never had to align a new car EVER.The tires are Bridgestone made for the Camry. This is my umpteenth new car, never have I ever had a problem, lucky me I guess. I traded a 09 corolla with a very similar problem.

JBL radio, great gas mileage, quiet ride, smart key

heated seats w/leather add a sub to the JBL like Honda refresh the looks

First and last Toyota-skip Toyota
By busbz

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

Several weeks after leasing this Toyota Camry all of Toyota's concealed defects, recalls surfaced in the press etc. This Camry has spent more time in the dealers shop during the first year than any new or used vehicle I have ever purchased or leased. I personally have no confidence in Toyota, Santa Monica Toyota or the Toyota Camry. As such, I didn't sell my 2003 car, use it more than the Toyota Camry. As I approach the end of the first year of the lease the mileage is approximately 10,000 miles less than I anticipated driving. I had purchased additional miles upfront. This is the first and last Toyota I have leased or purchased and personally would not recommend Toyota or its products.

Lease can be taken over and I intend to look for an interested and informed party to do just that.

Disclosure of defects by Toyota before sale or lease to the consumer.