Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car!!! Gonna miss this baby!
By gavmat

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I leased this car back in December of 2009 and my lease is now up and I extended an extra six months cause I simply don't want to give it back and can't afford to buy it. I love the car and feel like it should be priced higher. As for people saying its bad in the snow you just don't know how to drive in it. In 3 years of PA weather I have never once got stuck in snow. I live 15 miles from work and take all back roads the entire way. It's great on gas and is very comfortable. My only two complaints are how light colored the interior is and the transmission. My interior was dirty the first week from the messy weather in January. The transmission is always searching for a gear. Great car tho!

Power and handling Power seats and windows Big trunk Lots of space Traction control Affordability Reliable

Transmission Darker interior Better tires from factory

Good Camry LE
By satx59male

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6M)

I have to honestly say with 21300 miles and 3 yrs. I did
not have any problems with this car. Including the door switches. I was upset with the recall in 09 after only having the vehicle a month.
Also, dealership in San Antonio and Toyota would not credit me $150 for maintenance due to 2 yr program which began 2 mns after I leased it.

So, I leased another, 2012 Camry L at another dealership for about the same price from 3 yrs ago. Same gray ext and ash interior. Sales manager at Alamo was straight forward and knownlegeable.

LE has many more features than the L. Key-less entry. Instrumentation read outs such as outside temp, mileage visible at all times. 2012 L - you have to "push" the button for "each" one. Problem is you have to pay almost $1000 more for "convenience.

Second Camry with terrible "dashboard glare". "clock" was and is the problem in the 12 model too. Re position the clock "off" the dashboard!

Great value
By drcelica

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I've own my 2010 Camry LE I4 for 2.5 yrs and have 51K mile on her.
This car is perfect for what it is, a comfortable daily commuter that's easy to maintain.
I've taken lots of road trips in the Camry and it's perfect for the open roads. I've got as much as 36 mpg if I keep it at 70 mph but avg around 32 going 80. Neg. reviews about the trans keeps popping up but I've never had a problem with mine since I drive the car gently to keep the wear and tear down.
Reliability so far has been perfect.
I haven't gone to the dealer once for warranty repair.
If you buy a Camry for what it is, a commuter car, you're going to be happy; just don't expect BMW handling.

Reliability, smooth ride, easy to work on, and refinement. One of the things that's great about the Camry is how low maintenance they are and how easy they are to work on. Oil changes are done every 10K miles if you're using synthetic. Antifreeze is good for 100K miles and changing it is as easy as turning a knob.

Toyota has the formula down for a great family sedan but the competition is heating up. I think they're going to have to give the Camry a less bland design plus improve the material they're using for the interior.

2010 Camry LE 2.5 automatic
By rji1

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this with 14000 mi and have put on nearly 6k of mixed driving.
Having owned everything from economy cars to muscle cars I was not sure how I would feel about what many look at as an old mans car.

Being a modestly priced car I was pleasantly surprised at the fit and finish. The interior although well designed,
uses what seems to be low quality materials.
Silver painted plastic is the choice over brushed aluminum.
I quickly corrected this with a wood grain overlay kit.

Safety is a big plus with the Camry and shows with it's safety rating. Front and side air bags, knee bag along and standard traction control and abs add to the security.

This car exceeds my expectations.

The ride is impressive. It rides as smoothly as many cars twice the price. Engine and trans are silky smooth. Power is fine for daily highway or city driving. The trans keeps the engine in the right torque range and the smooth shifts of the 6 speed automatic are not annoying. Very good gas mileage. 25 city and a little over 33 on the freeway. Controls and dash are easy to use and read. Seat backs and headrests are among the best I have ever seen. The seat bottoms are a little small but the power seat allows most to find a comfortable position. The trunk is fairly large with a low lift over height. Rear room is better than average. Head and leg room are OK for adults.

Not too many negative features but I would like to see the seat bottoms a little larger. Also add and extension to the sun visor to cover the side window when you are diving with the sun low in the sky. A higher grade of plastic and fabric on the interior. Only time will tell how well it will hold up. Overall this is a well made car that is comfortable, safe, economical, with better road manners than most give it credit for. They are made in Kentucky and have more American made parts than any car. So in this era of world wide trade, this car does add to the US economy.

Toyota moving Backwards
By mespinosa1988

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

After purchasing the car with 39000 miles two weeks later my wire harness in the transmission went out. Took it to the dealer and they didnt cover it under the power train warranty even though they had to pull my whole tranny. That was a 900 dollar repair. After getting it back my transmission feels sluggish, it accerates and deccerates at the wrong times, Overall the Tranny sucks on this vehicle everything else is nice about the car. But i hate that its such a beautiful car except for the tranny and I wonder how much longer its going to last me :(
Sad to say for a 2010 toyota camry.

Transmission