Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 182 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Best all around family Car
By Carlos D

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2008 Camry XLE in 07 and have 90000 miles on it. My wife bought an LE Camry 2010 which she wanted badly and it is amazing. The "usable" power, space, reliability and safety features are amazing, to say the least. Gas mileage rivals our Honda Civic and the peaceful smooth ride is amazing. Plenty of room for us I'm 6'4 235 son is 6'3 daughter 5'8 and wife 5'6. We have always owned American cars prior to our Honda and Toyota but now that we have given the "other" companies a try we will stick with what gives us the best ALL around bang for the buck. As for recalls, no problems at all fixed immediately. The only question is... when will Toyota make a motorcycle?

Our favorite feature are the ergonomics of the seats and controls. The quiet ride and smooth ride can put any one to sleep thank goodness for the sweet sound system coupled to the satellite radio.

Perhaps they can add optional rear entertainment system and standard power rear window shades.

Living on the Edge
By Allan

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Over-all a good-looking and good riding car with ample room for a long- legged driver. Enjoying the leather seating and plenty of storage and ample head-room. The color is very pleasing to the eye (aloe green) with many compliments on the color and styling of the car. Rear seat head- rests in the XLE are over-sized (in my opinion) and as such found them to restrict viewing through rear window when backing up.

Some of my favorite features are the items I added post-factory, i.e. pin-striping, leather seating, window tinting, side-body molding and back-up sensors.

Toyota should continue to improve on the "supposed" seamless shifting and think "electronically" regarding the reason for accelerator surging (other than a "sticky" gas pedal). In my opinion, a sticky gas pedal may cause retention of speed but not necessarily acceleration of speed as being reported.

Happy Camry Owner again
By Dubrich

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2007 Camry LE in sept 06. New/hot body style and no one wanted to deal. Put 102k miles on in 3 1/2 years. Smooth &very comfortable ride just as good as my wife's '05 E320.When Toyota offered 0% for 60 months, it was a no brainer. Also allowed for me to upgrade to the XLE with all of the bells and whistles.

push button start, integrated bluetooth, USB port

Way to re-attach the bluetooth to the device in case they don't connect with out turning off car. not often, but when the phone does not connect, it is a pain.

Toyota Camry weld problems!
By toyotalemon

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

My son bought a new Camry from Dave Edwards Toyota, Spartanburg, SC -it's been in the shop all but 5 days in 1 month, and is still there. Toyota is sending an Engineer to assess the faulty welds in the chassis. The car is making strange noises when when ''accelerate" and 'stop'. The dealership tells him they are out of the picture - it's between him and Toyota. Although he took it back within 3 days after he purchased it- bad weld on the chassis. It is now in the shop awaiting a Toyota Engineer who will advise how to weld without interfering with electrical parts - the noise is also coming from the rear and that is a separate issue. DO NOT BUY A TOYOTA! I feel so sorry for him!

Run-around at Dave Edwards Toyota

I do not know how to improve on making an automobile - I just know I will never, ever buy a Toyota

Camre LE 4cyl Automatic 6 Speed
By Gail

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I just purchased a 2010 Toyota Camry LE 4cyl vehicle. I am extremely disappointed in the transmission when traveling on secondary roads. The transmission is constantly shifting up and down making the ride feel very erratic and jerky when traveling between 25 MPH and 35 MPH. The transmission begins to settle down at speeds over 40MPH; but most secondary road driving is between 25 & 35MPH. I feel very uncomfortable driving this car. I took it back to the dealership within 1 week of purchasing it and they told me that it is the computer in car causing this behavior, and it should calm down when the computer becomes accustomed to my driving habits. I wish I bought a different car!

The exterior appearance.

The shifting of the 6 speed automatic transmission!