Used 2010 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 184 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Definitely not An Improvement over 2005
By Miguel

2010 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have just traded my 2005 LE in for a lease on a 2010 LE. I made the decision primarily for financial reasons. My 2005 was going on 60K and was going to need front brakes and new tires. It had also been in a couple of accidents, had a few quirky rattles - but otherwise drove fine. I had 4 more years to pay $250/ mnth loan. The generous ceiling height and cabin size was certainly better on the 2005 than the 2010. I also find the seats on the new Camry to be alot less comfortable. The 2010 doesn't handle bumps at low speeds very well - but cruises like a cream puff on the highway. I'm surprised this new generation Camry doesn't get better gas mileage than the 2005. It's a practical sedan.

the fact I leased at near 0% - no $ down, $1500 in negative equity, and got away with a car payment under $300. I would never buy this car - don't love it enough to keep it for the long haul. It's kinda like the Saturn Aura - rather mediocre fit, finish and ride.It seems safe despite the recall.

better suspension - or maybe tires?? More comfortable seats. Heated mirrors should be standard on a $21K car in the northeast. Seat fabric is some weird microsuede crap. Actually, interior plastics all seem a tad cheap. I would seriously consider Nissan Altima and new Hyundai Sonata before Camry.

2010 Camry
By Dan

2010 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Performance is good for a 4 cyl. And it looks good, but from there on it is downhill. Milage is pitiful. 24 on hyw at 60 mph, and 15 to 16 in town. Interior is hard, almost everywhere. Leased this SE loaded for 36 months. Cant wait till I can turn it in.

Gas milage.

Best all around family Car
By Carlos D

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2008 Camry XLE in 07 and have 90000 miles on it. My wife bought an LE Camry 2010 which she wanted badly and it is amazing. The "usable" power, space, reliability and safety features are amazing, to say the least. Gas mileage rivals our Honda Civic and the peaceful smooth ride is amazing. Plenty of room for us I'm 6'4 235 son is 6'3 daughter 5'8 and wife 5'6. We have always owned American cars prior to our Honda and Toyota but now that we have given the "other" companies a try we will stick with what gives us the best ALL around bang for the buck. As for recalls, no problems at all fixed immediately. The only question is... when will Toyota make a motorcycle?

Our favorite feature are the ergonomics of the seats and controls. The quiet ride and smooth ride can put any one to sleep thank goodness for the sweet sound system coupled to the satellite radio.

Perhaps they can add optional rear entertainment system and standard power rear window shades.

Living on the Edge
By Allan

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Over-all a good-looking and good riding car with ample room for a long- legged driver. Enjoying the leather seating and plenty of storage and ample head-room. The color is very pleasing to the eye (aloe green) with many compliments on the color and styling of the car. Rear seat head- rests in the XLE are over-sized (in my opinion) and as such found them to restrict viewing through rear window when backing up.

Some of my favorite features are the items I added post-factory, i.e. pin-striping, leather seating, window tinting, side-body molding and back-up sensors.

Toyota should continue to improve on the "supposed" seamless shifting and think "electronically" regarding the reason for accelerator surging (other than a "sticky" gas pedal). In my opinion, a sticky gas pedal may cause retention of speed but not necessarily acceleration of speed as being reported.

Happy Camry Owner again
By Dubrich

2010 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2007 Camry LE in sept 06. New/hot body style and no one wanted to deal. Put 102k miles on in 3 1/2 years. Smooth &very comfortable ride just as good as my wife's '05 E320.When Toyota offered 0% for 60 months, it was a no brainer. Also allowed for me to upgrade to the XLE with all of the bells and whistles.

push button start, integrated bluetooth, USB port

Way to re-attach the bluetooth to the device in case they don't connect with out turning off car. not often, but when the phone does not connect, it is a pain.