Used 2010 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Transmission not a problem to fix
By Mike

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I noticed the transmission problems with my 2010 Camry. After having a 1998,1999, and a 2009 Camry I realized this transmission was different. I took it back to the dealership and explained problem. I was told that there where some problems with the fluid and they would need the car for about two hours of changing and driving the car then changing it again. Happy to report that it has worked.

Love the style. It handles great.

Wish the drivers seat was a little more comfortable.

Will never buy a Toyota again
By 1st and Last Toyota

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this 2010 Camry LE Automatic in October 2009. Have had three warranty repair visits in the last 6 months, and the problem is still not fixed. Heavy pull in one direction or the other. Excessive steering wheel play, wobble, and vibration. Alignment done twice. Tires rotated twice. Front struts replaced. Going to the dealer for the fourth repair visit this week. Not just disappointed with Toyota - frustrated, and feel robbed of my money are the right terms.

Nothing outstanding in this car that you can't get in a Hyundai or Honda for this price.

Improve your product quality. And don't forget the quality of your dealer service shops. Just sloganeering about quality is not enough.

Definitely not An Improvement over 2005
By Miguel

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

I have just traded my 2005 LE in for a lease on a 2010 LE. I made the decision primarily for financial reasons. My 2005 was going on 60K and was going to need front brakes and new tires. It had also been in a couple of accidents, had a few quirky rattles - but otherwise drove fine. I had 4 more years to pay $250/ mnth loan. The generous ceiling height and cabin size was certainly better on the 2005 than the 2010. I also find the seats on the new Camry to be alot less comfortable. The 2010 doesn't handle bumps at low speeds very well - but cruises like a cream puff on the highway. I'm surprised this new generation Camry doesn't get better gas mileage than the 2005. It's a practical sedan.

the fact I leased at near 0% - no $ down, $1500 in negative equity, and got away with a car payment under $300. I would never buy this car - don't love it enough to keep it for the long haul. It's kinda like the Saturn Aura - rather mediocre fit, finish and ride.It seems safe despite the recall.

better suspension - or maybe tires?? More comfortable seats. Heated mirrors should be standard on a $21K car in the northeast. Seat fabric is some weird microsuede crap. Actually, interior plastics all seem a tad cheap. I would seriously consider Nissan Altima and new Hyundai Sonata before Camry.

2010 Camry
By Dan

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Performance is good for a 4 cyl. And it looks good, but from there on it is downhill. Milage is pitiful. 24 on hyw at 60 mph, and 15 to 16 in town. Interior is hard, almost everywhere. Leased this SE loaded for 36 months. Cant wait till I can turn it in.

Gas milage.

Best all around family Car
By Carlos D

2010 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2008 Camry XLE in 07 and have 90000 miles on it. My wife bought an LE Camry 2010 which she wanted badly and it is amazing. The "usable" power, space, reliability and safety features are amazing, to say the least. Gas mileage rivals our Honda Civic and the peaceful smooth ride is amazing. Plenty of room for us I'm 6'4 235 son is 6'3 daughter 5'8 and wife 5'6. We have always owned American cars prior to our Honda and Toyota but now that we have given the "other" companies a try we will stick with what gives us the best ALL around bang for the buck. As for recalls, no problems at all fixed immediately. The only question is... when will Toyota make a motorcycle?

Our favorite feature are the ergonomics of the seats and controls. The quiet ride and smooth ride can put any one to sleep thank goodness for the sweet sound system coupled to the satellite radio.

Perhaps they can add optional rear entertainment system and standard power rear window shades.