Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 225 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

09 camry goes well for a 4 cylinder!
By fordtaurus98

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

we bought our camry right off the show room floor in saco maine.
it is red with the basic wheels, loaded edition.
it has bout 42 thousand miles.
we havnt had one single problem with it.
handles the bumps like how a middle priced, middle sized sedan should.
exceleration is not bad, but the little 4-banger pushes out 158 hp, which is pretty good!.
were happy with it, yeah the plastics are not the best inside, but this is not a mercaedes (or how ever you spell it).
going 100 miles per hour on the highway is a breez, it only tachs about 2900-3000 rpm!

plastics. make alloy wheels standard

loved it
By amarji

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

so i bought this car back in 2009 with 6k miles on it !! now it has 47k miles on it and it still runes like new !! i never had one single problem with this car, all i did was changing the oil every 5000 miles ( i know it should be 3000 miles) and i changed the tires at around 35K !!! very reliable car, fun to drive, smooth steering, great response from the gas pedal and the brakes. the ONLY problem might be the blind spots caused by the big side airbag panels !!

Not happy
By jspec31

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I decided on the Camry because they're supposed to be known for their reliability. I bought it with about 38K miles on it. When I first took it on the highway the steering wheel shook pretty bad. The used dealer balanced all of the tires, and it did get better. A week later he put on 4 new tires and it was a vast improvement. However, approaching 45K, the rotors are warped , as I can feel pulsation when applying brakes. The car does shake again on the highway. Also the gas mileage is junk! Probably the way I drive because I went from a 6 cyl to 4, but when being conservative I only got 27mpg at best. Interior cheap and uncomfortable, paint is chipping on plastic body parts.

The auxiliary port.

My 220 HP V6 Mazda got 25 MPG, with me driving aggressively. The 4cyl Camry gets 24 on average. That's with 95% highway. The throttle lag is bad, and the AT is not very responsive. This car may not suit my driving style, but there still is the issue with cheap and uncomfortable interior, and the bad paint job. Would not recommend, and plan on trading in as soon as I can.

Love My Camry
By camrydrvr1

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in my Saturn Vue for an 09 Camry SE.
I traded my Vue due to a new job where I have to commute and hour each way.
The comfort, safety, and gas mileage is what made my decision for me.
My camry has 70,000 miles on it currently.
I have had no problems at all.
I keep up with regular oil changes and I keep my car very clean.

My favorite features are the bluetooth phone service, stiff suspension especially around highway enterance and exits, sporty look, sun roof, JBL stereo, gas mileage, lumbar support, and roomy back seat and trunk. I also like the pick up for a 4 cylindar on the highway and traction control is very helpful on winter days commuting to work. I am 5'11" and all leg. I appreciate the leg room throughout the vehicle. It is hard for me to find a car with a driver seat that goes back far enough for me.

There are a few blindspots to look out for with this car. I have to be extra careful making lane changes and backing up. The head rest does not bother me. It is the side of the car which is difficult to see. Maybe larger side mirrors? It can be difficult to see out of the rear window when it is foggy, snowy, or rainy. I miss having a rear window wiper.

I am in awe at what a piece of crap this car is
By yousmell102

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Leased a 2009 Camry Le back in the summer of '08. Couldn't be more disappointed. I have had the weirdest problems with this car, ie accelerator and brake pedals that have a mind of their own.
In the past year the car has developed an annoying and extremely dangerous problem where the tension of the gas pedal seems to be constantly changing. Sometimes, it responds with just the slightest amount of pressure, other times, applying it with the exact same amount of force results in no acceleration at all.
It's like the car encounters dead spots where it simply refuses to accelerate.
You'll need a burst of power to pass or just to get out of someone's way, and it won't be there!

(Continued) I'm don't claim to be a mechanic, but I commute more than an hour to work each day. I feel like I can accurately say that this Camry has serious acceleration problems that I suspect have to do with the electronic nature of the throttle system. It's possible that mine is a lemon and simply has more of these problems than most Camrys, but I could not imagine an inexperienced driver feeling safe in this car. I have contacted Toyota dealers repeatedly expressing concern over the inconsistency of the pedal response and they have always denied problems. SO GLAD I LEASED THIS CAR

How about pedals that work?