Used 2009 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 222 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2009 Camry Struts leaking, other defects
By miker17

2009 Toyota Camry 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

At 52.5k miles struts are leaking.

Front seats make noises.
Front door panel makes squeaking noises.

economy of driving

needs better quality change of front panel design

I come from a family of GM lovers, Trust me now they are spreading the word to others about Toyota, IT'S A TOTALLY DIFFERENT DRIVING VEHICLE!!
By goyankees44

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Trust me, I come from a family of General Motors lovers.
They now believe me, after this car, and recommend Toyota to everyone.
My Dad now loves the Sienna.
GM still makes crap.
Chevy sonic.. anyone?
Toyota has had side airbags standard and better resale. Cobalts, sonic, colorado, s10, buick, the new impala and their new models r horrible. my gram has 15k on her cobalt and kbb says 9k. i have 40k on my 09 and kbb says 14500 HELLO!!
Seriously people.. it's my pride and joy.
Full tank of gas city driving only will last you 2 full weeks, trust me, this car can move!!

it is SO SMOOTH
this is what GM buyers don't understand, TOYOTA DRIVES TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!
and thank god for that :)

It will turn you into a lover of Toyota :) I can't get enough of their Highlanders too. Trust me, it is so smooth. So fun to drive. You feel like you're in a cockpit with the gears. Nice standard features. Power sunroof one touch, Has senses so if a locksmith tries to open the door, it senses someone is trying to brake in and won't unlock (lol), I have driven from MI to DE and PA and NJ four of five trips now, No problems. Battery is fine, tires are still fine. Just passed 50,000 miles. Also, the seats are plush - like chennile fabric. Not crappy Chevy seating like the Cobalt. There's a reason Toyota and the Camry are # 1 - go drive it and see. no other models compare w/ acceleration

Hmmm.. I hate the Rav 4 drive.. Tundra V8 is like wowwwww... Tacomas are awesome.. Camrys are awesome.. Highlanders are amazing. They are both built on the same platform. The new ones are even better. Want to see how many miles I can get off this Camry and then will upgrade. My friend has an 02 Lexus with a tight steering wheel, unlike 06 and 08 cadillacs that have the same steering my s10 had.. where it is so misaligned.. his lexus has 187,000 miles and drives like a brand new car i'm the biggest car critic out there!!! I LUV MY CAM CAM!!! WOOOO

09 camry goes well for a 4 cylinder!
By fordtaurus98

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

we bought our camry right off the show room floor in saco maine.
it is red with the basic wheels, loaded edition.
it has bout 42 thousand miles.
we havnt had one single problem with it.
handles the bumps like how a middle priced, middle sized sedan should.
exceleration is not bad, but the little 4-banger pushes out 158 hp, which is pretty good!.
were happy with it, yeah the plastics are not the best inside, but this is not a mercaedes (or how ever you spell it).
going 100 miles per hour on the highway is a breez, it only tachs about 2900-3000 rpm!

plastics. make alloy wheels standard

loved it
By amarji

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

so i bought this car back in 2009 with 6k miles on it !! now it has 47k miles on it and it still runes like new !! i never had one single problem with this car, all i did was changing the oil every 5000 miles ( i know it should be 3000 miles) and i changed the tires at around 35K !!! very reliable car, fun to drive, smooth steering, great response from the gas pedal and the brakes. the ONLY problem might be the blind spots caused by the big side airbag panels !!

Not happy
By jspec31

2009 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I decided on the Camry because they're supposed to be known for their reliability. I bought it with about 38K miles on it. When I first took it on the highway the steering wheel shook pretty bad. The used dealer balanced all of the tires, and it did get better. A week later he put on 4 new tires and it was a vast improvement. However, approaching 45K, the rotors are warped , as I can feel pulsation when applying brakes. The car does shake again on the highway. Also the gas mileage is junk! Probably the way I drive because I went from a 6 cyl to 4, but when being conservative I only got 27mpg at best. Interior cheap and uncomfortable, paint is chipping on plastic body parts.

The auxiliary port.

My 220 HP V6 Mazda got 25 MPG, with me driving aggressively. The 4cyl Camry gets 24 on average. That's with 95% highway. The throttle lag is bad, and the AT is not very responsive. This car may not suit my driving style, but there still is the issue with cheap and uncomfortable interior, and the bad paint job. Would not recommend, and plan on trading in as soon as I can.