Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 222 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car; Worst Seats Ever
By ALC

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is a wonderful automobile, especially for the price. We find the ride relatively smooth and quiet; wonderful on trips (36 MPG w/AC). Unfortunately, after 60 minutes, one finds that Toyota has designed the WORST front car seats ever placed in an automobile; your back and bottom will suffer! We are so upset, I am shopping after 18K miles. In prior vehicles, I have driven for days for over 12 hours per; not in this car. Two of my relatives, who have never had back pain, now have problems when they drive their Camry (same yr). In today’s market, this is inexcusable. I would gladly provide Toyota with a design solution, if they cared.

Looks, mileage, smooth ride, quietness, construction quality.

REPLACE THE HORRIBLE SEATS! I would never recommend this car solely based upon the poor front seats. Other family members with same car have common complaint. It almost appears Toyota developed a seat for another human configuration! Can cars be recalled due to increasing health care costs?

Paint peeling off front bumper
By Jill

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Went to dealership. Said rock chip caused peeling, won't cover repair. I have had Toyotas before, under the same driving conditions for 4 yrs without this problem. Also, 1st gear is geared too high, have to rev engine or slip clutch to take off. Also, console storage and cup holders are not as usable as my 04 Corolla. Gear shifter hits cup in cupholder when shifting into 2nd, 4th or reverse.

Exterior body style and 5 speed prevents excessive shifting when using cruise.

Improve paint quality and durability, adjust console spacing for 5 speed, and have adjustable cup holders.

Great family sedan
By Steve

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this car used with 25K miles on it, but I've had no problems. This isn't very flashy, just your typical Toyota Camry. It lacks the superior interior of the Accord, in fact the Camry's interior is quite pedestrian with a mediocre dash and cheap plastic coverings. However it is a very smooth ride, quiet engine. Not very sporty, but a reliable people mover.

Interior space is great, good design, very reliable.

Car seat is very badly designed
By Samir

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Car seat for 2009 Camry base model are designed very badly. Because of this I am starting to develop back pain. I will not recommend anyone to buy this car unless Toyota changes it's seat model and makes it back friendly.

Overall performance is good but not seat and we cannot compromise our back for engine performance.

Please make seat as it should. And please, next time do not sell a product that can be bad for human body.

Steering Issues
By GSG

2009 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I miss the driving experience of my 2006 Camry SE which I traded for the 2009 Camry LE. The '09 body style and interior features are far superior to my '06 Camry but that takes a back seat to the less responsive steering. Soon after delivery it was evident that the car pulled to the left, whether it be interstate or back roads. It had a front end alignment at 5,000, soon after experienced the same issues. I wonder if others have experienced similar problems.

Interior appointments, exterior body style, prefer the lip spoiler over the conventional type which I had on the 06 Camry. Quiet ride.

Side body moldings should be a standard feature. The moon roof pop up wind shield does little to improve wind noise.