Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love the looks, but not the quality
By Linda(*65

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I owned a 1998 4Runner and finally couldn't deal with the gas mileage anymore, so I traded it in for a top of the line XLE 4 cylinder. I LOVE the looks of this car, however, the quality is terrible compared to my 4Runner. TOO MANY squeaks, rattles and noises from everywhere in the car. I have also had transmission problems, but they have been fixed.

The stereo is fantastic. I still love the looks of the interior and exterior. I just wish it had less plastic, and less rattles and squeaks.

Just fix the transmission and other quality problems. I never had any problems with my 4Runner, and the day I traded it in, it had less rattles than the brand NEW Camry I bought.

Great Car
By Cali

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had nothing but good experiences with my Camry. No problems with the car itself (only some damage from hail, but nothing to do with the car). It's extremely comfortable and spacious inside. I mostly treat mine like an SUV, hauling a bunch of stuff around and it holds up great! I get at least 25 mpg city and much more than that highway. The car looks great from the outside and in. I have all black cloth interior that holds up very well with everything.

6 CD changer, sunroof, and upgraded speaker system.

My only complaint is that some of the plastic (like where the dash and radio area meet) expand in the heat and make a slight squeaking sound.

Love it
By baseball mom

2008 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had 2 Camrys in the past. All base models. Wanted to upgrade and got this one loaded. V6 is great. Has great get up with no hesitation. If you are going to buy a Camry, go with the V6. So much fun to drive. I have to hide my keys so my husband, who has a 2008 Chevy HD diesel, won't take my car. Also get an average of 31 mpg.

Moon roof, V6, radio controls on steering wheel, lots of room for baseball "stuff", comfortable leather seats, heated seat feature is great on those cold days.

nothing

Love my V6 SE
By Joanne

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used from a reputable dealer in my area. It was a repossession with 10,000 miles on it. It is loaded with everything imaginable. Leather, sunroof, V6 3.5L, 6 speed trans, and a rare body ground effects kit w/spoiler & skirt. Chrome everything, bluetooth, remote start, fog lights. I absolutely love it. Talk about fast, 0-60 mph in about 5 seconds, and the gas mileage is amazing. The heated leather seats are the best, and the many seat adjustments make my driving experience a pleasure. If I had to buy this car again, I would never go back to a four cyl. car or a car with cloth seats. I am very satisfied with my purchase and would recommend this car to anyone.

Exterior body styling/trim. V6 3.5L engine (268 horsepower). 6 speed transmission. Sunroof .Chromed dual exhaust. Actually I have too many favorites to list.

The only things I would suggest would be less options for headlamp settings. Sometimes I'm not sure if my lights are on or off.

The 4th Time IS a FLOP!
By Beyond Disappointed

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Owned 3 Camrys-1991,1995 & 2004; due to satisfactory previous ownership history - I made HUGE mistakes in making this purchase! Shopped all day online-made calls-night-time test drive-purchased car Saturday night. Week later realized-CHEAP BUILD & INFERIOR QUALITY of plastic material of interior, fabric, exposed metal & bolts on floor, downsized & eliminated compartments, eye/sunglass holder, small poorly designed seating-driver, passenger & rear-no elbow room-cramped interior, smaller trunk space, etc. Only 5'4 roof of car close to head. Cheap fabric on seat not sewn-just stuffed inside cheap plastic bucket of seat. Driver seat should be ergonomically correct-miserable drive.

Looks o.k., but looks are deceiving. Steering wheel audio controls; but, after only a brief ownership - radio/stereo defective CD stuck - took too long to replace & repair.

Scrap the "MOVING FORWARD" - Refocus on quality. Think of the driver and the purpose of a vehicle - quality, safety, comfort. The purpose of a car is not to look good; but to drive-whether in city or road trips. Driver's seat-priority. Not built w/cheap plastic & yellow foam-too short. Respect customers!