Used 2008 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Should have got the Fusion
By Me

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Regret buying the car. Wish I would have gone with the car I really liked, the Ford fusion, because the Camry is not as good as they are made out to be. Not a cool car at all and not really reliable.

nothing

better looks and reliability

Can't beat it
By Ross

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

For what I payed for it you can't beat it. From taking the kids to school practice etc.. the Camry is an excellent car. It is hushed and smooth on the highway. In the city (chicago) it absorbs the numerous bumps with no problem. For all of the people complaining about the performance. IT IS A V-4. If you wanted fast buy a mustang. Perfect everyday car. I am averaging 25mpg. Majority city driving. It is a great family car without the big sticker. Very safe car also. Has 6 airbags standard. Has an I-pod jack with 3 gig of storage for mp3's.

Quiet ride. Great fuel economy. Extremely comfortable everyday driver.

Make the air condo a bit colder.

Better and better
By waynecarsen

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought a 2007 and had many problems, the 2008 is great, they resolved many of the issues on the 2007s. Noisy brakes, dash squeaks, transmission. I have had no problems at all. I do not drive much any more but I am very happy with the car.

Easy on the eyes, good finish, nice fit, reliable (once again). Decent gas mileage. Nice leather, heated seats work well in the cold. Rear window defogger is very good. Nice car all over, excellent ride and handling.

LEDs in the trunk, the light is useless. LEDs would be brighter. Dark and very light floor mats are hard to keep clean suggest a more neutral colour to avoid seeing foot prints. The Bluetooth phone does not work well, needs help.

Good Choice
By Jim

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is our 1st import. Went from SUVs, so realize that change. Comfortable ride to the grocery and up the east coast. Low road noise. Good gas economy. Good acceleration, especially for a 4 cyl. I'm 6'4", wife 5'4". We both fit well into the vehicle without problems, even the back seat. Sound system is very nice.

Interior space, driver seat adjustments, stereo quality, mechanical quality of vehicle.

With my big hands I'm always bumping the wiper control. I don't drive it as much as my wife so when I do drive it I have to acclimate myself to the controls since they are so different from my dodge ram.

Best buying experiance ever
By B

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had several other import cars in the past mostly Honda's. This was my first Toyota. I am sure glad I went to the dealer to look. I went in and they had the car pulled up. The car was warm inside and it was like the seat just grabbed on to me. It could adjust several different ways and with the telescoping wheel it felt perfect. We took it around the block and it handle like it was a sports car. I could not believe how quiet it was compared to my other cars I have had in the past. The white outside with the dark leather set it off just right. I have had the car almost a year and I like sometimes to just hop in and drive it still. I would recommend this car to anyone.

I really like the power with good mileage. I also like the blue tooth. Its real handy. Also it had an adapter to run my iPod in the car

To make the navigation a little simpler to operate and set it up so I can change locations well i drive.