Used 2008 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

did not like
By hated it

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the car in Feb 08 and traded it in in Sept 08. The hesitation at take offs and the up and down shifting of the transmission were getting on my nerves. It easily cames out of over- drive to get up a small hill. If you did not take off slowly, the car had a dead spot and then the car would take off. A lot of complaints about this issue on the internet. I do 80% interstate driving and I struggled to get 22 mpg. The car rode nicely on smooth roads as well as handled well.

Exterior look

Get rid of the sensor that causes the car to accelerate, which causes the take off problems

Average
By E.Crawley

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My experience driving my new SE Toyota has been good and bad. However until a couple of months ago every thing was o.k. While driving my car I found it to be smooth and controllable. However I did not like that shaking in the car when I stopped the vehicle.

My favorite features of the SE Toyota is the slim body.

If a person purchase a Sports car like the SE model I think it should only be a 6 cylinder. After all it is a sports model and it should have that fast pick-up

Used to be a great car
By Jennifer Harris

2008 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace my 98 Camry, and I must say that compared to that one, this car is disappointing. Although I like the looks of this one better, the quality of the interior is poor. Too many rattles and squeaks coming from the doors, the dash and the moonroof. I have not had any transmission problems like some of the other complaints.

The looks, smooth ride, good power, good gas mileage.

Get rid of the cheap plastic parts on the inside and go back to the old Toyota quality! PLEASE!!

2008 Camry SE 4cyl
By Anthony

2008 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the SE because of the styling and expecting about the same MPG as my old 1998 Camry (24/30). I now have 8K miles on the car and consistently get 22 (combined). In my opinion the car is underpowered with the 4cyl. The engine hesitates when accelerating at slow speed and I must be careful when pulling out or into traffic. Road noise is a problem when using the built in blue tooth. I was warned by the Toyota salesman about the poor ride of the SE as compared the to LE, XLE, he was right.

Not impressed
By lmarie517

2008 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I must say I am not impressed. The car is sluggish at best, transmission shifts often and hard (especially noticeable during braking). The car can't seem to get out of its own way. Transmission also has a very noticeable delay. I can't get rid of this car soon enough.

Body style