Used 2008 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 129 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Not Satisfied
By Monica

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my first Toyota, and I'm not impressed. The car is sluggish, transmission shifts often and has a very noticeable delay. I was also expecting BETTER MPG only get an average of 22.

Exterior body

Transmission and more MPG!

Transmission lag
By Ted

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The "fly by wire" feature has caused an annoying lag when reaching certain speeds. It's almost as if the car can't make up its mind what gear it should be in. It constantly downshift and hesitates. Sometimes the car stalls when I press the accelerator to pass another car. I'm scheduled for Arbitration with Toyota about this problem. Stay tuned.

Can't think of many. The radio is awful as is the air conditioner. I guess the roominess is the best feature.

Ditch the "fly by wire". I had a 1995 Camry without it and drove it for thirteen years and 150,000 miles with no problems. Took the Altima for a test drive the other day and it performs like a dream.

Super Satisfied
By CamryFamily

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my '08 Camry in Jan. and couldn't be more satisfied. I was a previous 4-Runner owner and loved it so much I became hooked on Toyotas. My main purpose in buying the car was transportation to and from work, about a 50 mile drive per day. I also wanted much cheaper maintenance. Gas was a huge issue too. I now average about 29 mpg with premium gas and 24 with regular on the interstate. I love the interior even though I sacrificed my leather for a cheaper price. Everything is placed just right for a comfortable ride. My installed bluetooth makes the drive even more easy. The whole family fits great inside. Exceeded my needs

Overhead bluetooth, steering wheel controls, cupholders rock, tinted windows, a.c. much better than any other car I've owned as far as features and ease go. Super quiet ride. Easy to drive with lots of horsepower.

Absolutely none. Maybe even better mpg would be great in the future.

Great Car
By Elliot

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

It's a great car, love the features, fuel efficient V6, safety features, and overall quality!

Smart Key System

Get rid of OFF headlights position (AUTO is fine). The OFF position disables AUTO ON and DRL. I also wish the headlights would turn ON automatically with wipers.

Camry Problems
By 207roy04064

2008 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

2008 Camry was sluggish and changed gears often. Cruise control varied 5 to 6 mph from actual setting. Traded this Camry 1 year after purchase. Bought it new 9/2007. Since purchase the CD player had to be replaced, did not pass state inspection because 4 struts were leaking. Then a front wheel bearing had to be replaced. This was a very unreliable car so I traded it in.

One positive aspect is the trade in value was excellent and I did not lose too much on the trade-in.