Used 2007 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 680 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great car. I love it.
By Happy Camry Owner

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This car rocks. I love how the Camry looks and feels. The radio system sounds great. The driver's seat is really comfortable. When I push on the gas the car goes. I like the smooth ride and the smooth accelration.

JBL radio, moonroof, power driver's seat, the gauges and backlit radio, all the storage space... pretty much everything.

Fantastic Car!!
By strthusler

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

For those who complain of power you're expectations are too high. For an I4 this car has a lot of kick, if you want more power then go with a V6. No problems with the transmission at all. Only problem was that the car's bumper was a different shade of white, but Toyota was happy to replace it.

Love the room. I didn't realize how much more room it has than the Accord.

I would suggest improving the dashboard design. It's very boring, but then again, this is a family sedan that is well priced.

Disappointed with throttle response
By dbb

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Camry in January 2007. It now has 4200 miles. I like everything about it except low speed throttle response. From dead stop and cruising above 40 mph it is ok, but slowing down to 10-20 mph and needing sudden burst of acceleration to merge into hole in traffic, nothing happens for what seems like seconds when I put gas pedal down to floor. I become a traffic hazard. My wife's 1999 Toyota Sienna has always had consistant and powerful throttle response at any speed and situation, I want the same in this new car.

Quality, quiet ride, comfortable seats, lots of room, large trunk. 30 mpg summer, 25 mpg winter. Easy to read gauges and controls. Good outward visibility. Exterior styling. Very simple and easy to service anything under the hood. Very stout structure and lots of airbags. Secure handling and brakes.

Replace electronic throttle control with cable throttle control. I want throttle response as good and consistant as my 1999 Toyota Sienna.

Camry '07 - not what I expected
By disappointed

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This is my third Toyota, and my last one. I'm disappointed seeing that every time this car consumes more gasoline. I've been measuring the miles/gallon since I purchased it, and it never goes higher than 23 mpg in a mix of city and mostly highway. Also, it hesitates when I press the gas, and 3 seconds later it accelerates with a jump! It doesn't feel safe!

Roomy inside, nice exterior look, quiet.

Acceleration problem should be fixed. Change gears on its own - and try to make it really gas efficient.

Love It - But I Knew What I Was Buying
By Bob

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have seen reviews for this car all over the map. In my case, I had low expectations going in and find myself loving the car more each time I drive it. I have the 4-cyl auto sport. I would not have passed up the 6-cyl if I could have found one, but the 4-cyl is more than adequate. The SE package gives it a tight, fun ride that I did not expect and looks that separate it from the standard style you see everywhere else. Fit and finish are exquisite, the interior is extremely well designed, looks good, fun to drive. What else do you need? You're really not compromising anything here in my opinion. It's a Camry, not a BMW. Remember that, test drive it, and judge for yourself.

Fantastic amenities and high-quality interior design. Love the bluetooth package. SE package is great, much more fun than the "squishy" standard suspension. Love the total package.

Nothing that I have found yet. If you want a true performance sedan, look elsewhere. If you want the whole package with a touch of fun, this car works out just fine. :)