Used 2007 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 681 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

So so
By Nelson NYC

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The Camry SE is an above average sedan at an affordable price. It does everything well but nothing spectacular. Gas mileage at 7500 mi is still around 20 MPG and I'm hoping it will improve as I rack up the mileage. With 268 HP it definitely has some spunk, but the tranny hesitates at times. My dashboard creaks like an old house in the wind and the starter makes a sound on cold weather starts. I guess for the price of the performance and that it runs on regular gas makes it more attractive than other sedans on its price range. One thing though, at hard acceleration there isn't the torque steer that is experienced with other front wheel drive vehicles with this amount of HP.

Roomy interior, great audio package with the navigation system, SE package spoilers and upgrade, reliabiliy, runs on regular gas and interior leather is a nice upgrade.

Vehicle needs folding rear seats for more flexibility, folding side mirrors, bigger tire package (stock look too small and it will improve handling) and traction control should have a button to defeat it.

Great car
By Arthur

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It's been almost 15k miles and this car still amazes me as always. We had no problems with our two previous Camrys. Our last one had 148k trouble free miles and was still getting 30 mpg on a trip. This new one gets even better mileage, averages about 33 freeway.

Quiet, refined and efficient.

Inside styling could be better.

I thought I was alone!
By Bill

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'm glad I found this web site. Just wish it would have been before the purchase of a 2007 Camry. As a previous Toyota owner, I thought it was a no brainer. However this car has serious throttle and shifting issues. Sometimes the car runs other times it can't get out of it's own way. I called my dealer and Toyota. The dealer said he could reset the car to factory settings but that might make it worse. Toyota corporate would not admit there is a problem. I filed a complaint, whatever good that will do. I traded the car for a major loss. I will never buy another Toyota and will tell my story to everyone I know. As they say, buyer beware. p.s. the dash rattled!

Exterior, interior appearance

Reprogram the computer or replace the thing. The engine and transmission are totally confused.

Toyota Quality????????
By Last Toyota

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car to replace my Dodge. I liked the styling for a mainstream car, much better than that of the Ford 500 which I was also considering. Unfortunately, the like for this vehicle stopped there. I choose the four cylinder for fuel savings, but I have been dissapointed. Engine is very slow and it is an advanture merging on the freeway- no power for passing. I am avaraging about 18 MPG. Fit and finish are horrible, The molding around the console has popped out, and has some issues with the power windows and locks. Paint (black) looks like it was painted on with a roller especually under the lights. Seats are very uncomforatable and are showing wear after 15,000 miles.

Styling

Where do I start? How about buidling the thing right? Acurately depicting fuel economy. Doesn't matter; this was my FIRST and LAST Toyota

Very Disappointed in Responsiveness
By CmryOwner

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for a year - bought it for the low emissions, safety, and good mileage rating - and I'm considering trading it in. There are two things I can't stand about it: throttle hesitation, and poor gas mileage. Rated for 34 on the highway, I've never gotten more than 28. My previous BMW 3 series got better mileage, and believe me it was more fun to drive.

Exterior styling, safety features, interior comfort.

Throttle response and transmission are abysmal. I have a Sienna with an automatic transmission and it's light years more responsive. The Camry just doesn't do what I want it to do when I put my foot down.