Used 2007 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 681 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Toyota, I love what you do for me. NOT!
By Rob DeSimone

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We just traded this vehicle in at 8200 miles because of several problems — problems that Toyota describes as the Toyota experience and "operating according to design specification". The Camry is like a box of chocolates — each time you touched the accelerator, you never knew what you'd get. There was either hesitation or a normal acceleration. Take your foot off the accelerator and the vehicle could lunge ahead or slow down with a drag as though you downshifted from fifth to third. BTW, this is an auto transmission. These performance (and safety) issues made us realize that this car was not reliable for the long term. This was our first (and last) Toyota. Never got better than 20 mpg.

Comfortable seats.

Fix the hesitation and lunging. If they tuned the vehicle to improve economy and emissions, then they failed. We never got more than 20 mpg even in all highway driving. Improve your cust. ser. because there's a serious problem with the 07 Camry and brushing it away, isn't good a plan. Fix it!

Great Car
By mahash

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car about six months ago and haven't stopped loving it ever since. It gets great mileage for a V6, good sound system that comes standard in all Camrys and overall styling looks sporty and aggressive.

Gas mileage, performance, handling, and styling.

None.

Sluggish 4 cylinder
By manny

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I love the car but the 4 cylinder is very bad when it comes to getting out of the way of something or needing a quick response. The engine lags when you accelerate after slowing down. I have had a few close calls from not getting the engine to respond when you need it (it hesitates badly).

The body style.

Fix that hesitation problem and maybe a little more power in the 4.

Also-ran
By Dissapointed

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I traded in a Chevy Malibu with over 100,000 miles for this car. I would gladly take it back. I had more issues with this car than in all the years I owned the malibu. The engine made a horrible knocking noise. The factory rep said that is normal for a four cylinder, and if I wanted better performance, I should have got the six. He also accused me of not changing the oil although I had all receipts. The seat is rock hard and not suitable for trips over 50 miles. The car is very harsh on bumps, and the glove box pops open from time to time on them! The car looks good on the outside in terms of design, but fit and finish are horrible. The deck lid almost touched the quarterpanel.

Styling- good for a sedan

Better factory reps, and better build quality. Next time it's a Chevy for me.

2007 Toyota Camry
By Mario

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Since new it was just pain to go through proper break-in period. After that it is fun to exploit this marvel of engineering. I had to learn new "space" technology. Previous car was 84 Chevy Impala. No comparison. Excellent city fuel economy. In general this car exceeded my expectation.

Central electronic locking system, dual trip odometer and sound system. Very well designed interior storage "pocket" system.

Front dash plastic shall be made from non reflecting material - present is too shiny and showing reflection on the windshield.