Used 2007 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 681 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

That's all?
By JC

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the car for over 8 months now and I am a little disappointed with the lack of accceptable engine power on the 4 cyl. Yes, I know is a four cylinder but I thought the engine should have performed better given the changes. Also, the sound system is so poor unless you are willing to spend $3K more to get the JBL and leather interior, which come together. Toyota made unavailable only the sound system for sale, why? I have had Toyotas for over 26 years and this one did not fulfill the expectations for the price.

Looks and style. Interior space. Everybody makes a comment about how good the space is.

More engine power for the 4 cyl. Matrix has it! Better sound system please. Outside noise in the cabin is too much. Doors don't seal as expected; my old '95 Tacoma does this better.

I Dont Know What To Expect
By SE 2007

2007 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 07 camry SE 4cyl. for almost a year now with 23000 miles on and I hate the motor. No power, jumpy as hell when accelerating, and feels like the car stalls when shifting. That's the only way I can explain it. I have had it in twice and they say they reprogram the computer but it never helps. Gas mileage stinks too but it may be better if they could figure out the engine problems. The interior is cheap!! The plastics easily scratch on all the panels in the car. My driver's seat is starting to wear and my paint has a bunch of rust spots all over it. The spots will buff out under warranty but why should I have to deal with it. I will send pictures of these problems to anyone

Awesome styling, comfortable ride, steering wheel controls are great. Easy to see dash gauges and bright headlights. Quiet ride when not trying to accelerate. Hopefully reliability but we'll see. I don't know!

Fix the motor and shifting problems! Cheap plastics need to go. Better seat materials. A sunroof that doesn't leak in car wash. Fold down rear seats. A bluetooth system that actually isn't useless. Loud motor when trying to accelerate.

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4 dr Sedan
By annec

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the Camry on reputation and recommendation. I am not a car geek and do not have the knowledge or time to deal with car problems. Well, I am becoming a auto expert by necessity. My problems are: hesitating then surge between shifts, windshield wipers that move with power that rocks the car to the point that it feels like it will roll over, plastic parts falling off, cruise control is so unreliable I don't use it, bad mileage, and, last but not least, half the windshild blacks out when driving at night through areas without street lights. The dealer's answer, "It meets Toyota specifications." Any suggestions will help. Do I qualify for the lemon law?

Room to see over the steering wheel without being squeezed into the seat (I'm not tall). Car repair - all items listed above.

Better than expected
By draneri

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I test drove the 6 cyl Camry and really liked the power. The XLE had all the bells and whistles to really make the decision easy. The only negative was the fact the 6 cyl only had leather and I cannot stand leather seats. So I test drove the 4 cyl and really saw the 4 was responsive and better than most other 4s I've tried. The only negative I can say about the car is the cruise control isn't as smooth as the Accord thereby requiring the shifting to occur more frequently than it needs to.

Bluetooth is great, power seats on both sides, instrumentation is great, reclining rear seats, dual comfort zones and 440 watt JBL stereo is good good good!

Have the option of cloth with the upper end engine. Not everyone likes leather.

Not like the old Camrys
By Joe

2007 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Rattles, creaks, wind noise, driver's door alignment have been issues former Toyotas I've owned have never had. I'm happy I'm not having the trans issues the V6s have had. All in all Toyota has dropped the ball. Seems the company's quest to be #1 has caused quality issues. I'll think twice before buying another Toyota.

Great engine, exterior design and nice interior.

More quality control.