Used 2007 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 681 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2007 V6 Camry XLE
By djm2

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2007 V6 Camry XLE purchased new from a dealer in New Jersey. The vehicle currently has 87,000 + miles and it has been completely trouble free. The only warranty service that I had done to the vehicle under the extended warranty was the oil line for the VVT. (This was done prior to it leaking when I read about the possibility of it failing on the "net!") The vehicle is only serviced by the selling dealer and I change the engine oil and filter at 2,500 miles. (My choice!) ---- (I DO NOT believe in extended oil / filter change intervals!)
I do not have any "sludge" in my engine. At every fuel "fill up" I use an upper cylinder lubricant. (Four ounces to every ten gallons.)

Favorite Features: 1.) Ride quality! 2.) Performance. (I can stay with the average Ford Mustang coming out of a toll booth on the parkway!) 3.) Seat comfort. 4.) Fuel mileage. (I easily get 30mpg on road trips at 65mph. 5.) Product quality. 6.) Great dealer service.

I would like to see a wider selection of exterior colors. A deep cherry exterior paint with a light tan interior would look great. The four cylinder XLE Camry should be available with FULL LEATHER SEATS! A the present time, the four cylinder Camry XLE only come with "leather trimmed seats!" QUESTION: What does the seats have to do with the engine?

A great car
By wgslax1

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my Camry for 6 years now.
It has never broken down, and I've never had any problems.
I feel safe in the car and its got quite a lot of pick up.

The build quality is great - it still runs really well after 6 years and I'm very happy with it!

I'm starting to look for my next car, and knowing how reliable my Camry is, I'm definitely considering another Toyota.

Disappointed
By minera5

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I spent a tremendous amount of time researching and comparing vehicles before purchasing my 2007 Toyota Camry 4dr.
I bought it new.
The viser immediately was broken and I have been to the dealership for recalls several times.
The brakes have been squeaking for at least a year every time I back up and so far the three places I took it to cannot fix them.
The car also squeals when turning corners and this is after new tires.
The biggest hazard is the inability to see out of the back widow.
The rear end is too high and impossible to see out of the back.
This was my first and last Toyota.

Pathetic
By markntx

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Like many other posters, I bought the Camry based on their reputation but it has been a HUGE dissappointment.

Multiple recalls, extended parts warranties, snap-on visors and floor mats falling apart, new struts at 25000, a hard shifting transmission and now I find out about the sludge-prone motor, just to name a few.

The most frustrating aspect is that Toyota refuses to be accountable for their mistakes unless forced to, then they still claim 'driver fault' on issues like brakes, sludge and visors.

The Service Director at Pat Lobb's Toyota in McKinney even brought up "lemon" in our conversation.
But then decided it couldn't be since it made it to 128000 miles.
hmm...Very Low Standards!

Power windows.

Toyota should become accountable for the goods you manufacture or they continue aiding the growth of the American carmakers.

A Step Backward From Previous Generation
By theraven65

2007 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

We bought this car based on Toyota's reputation for high quality/value, but were ultimately disappointed. Compared to the previous-generation (2001-06) Camry, the interior of the 2007 - while great LOOKING - is very cheap.
Lots of hard, creaky plastics, thin seat material, and very cheap-feeling HVAC controls & some other switchgear. Both sun visors broke internally and would just hang down & had to be replaced (with same poor design).
The struts had a reputation for failing early (ours were shot & leaking by 30K miles).
Worst of all, the engine began using oil excessively by about 70K miles - which I discovered was common for this (2.4L) engine in all of the vehicles it was used.

- Design. I think it's a good-looking vehicle inside and out. Unfortunately the materials used inside are very cheap-feeling. - Reputation for reliability - Great resale value.

The interior needs a major materials quality upgrade (and I believe this was done in the 2011-up models). *BEWARE* of the 2.4L engine. It is known to wear prematurely and use oil excessively - even if you change the oil regularly (which I did religiously). The only fix is a complete engine rebuild or replacement. Don't believe me? Do a Google search on "Toyota 2.4L oil consumption". Glad to be rid of mine. Transmission/cruise programming: The 5-speed auto. was slow to respond to throttle inputs in general, but especially when the cruise was on. When a hill was encountered, it would refuse to downshift until the car had slowed by about 10 MPH and then it would slam down to 3rd gear.