Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 111 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Nice Car, But...
By CW

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased this certified pre-owned vehicle. Smooth, quiet ride, but gas mileage isn't what I had hoped. My 1998 Oldsmobile seemingly got better mileage. I purchased the car for reliability, dependability, more importantly, for fuel efficiency. I did a lot of in-town driving & it was less than the advertised 24 mpg.

Color, beveled headlights, roomy interior, spacious trunk, compartments inside trunk lid

Make it more fuel efficient.

Very Happy
By laubacrc

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I researched for months and came down to the Camry, Accord, and Altima. I was on a tight schedule and felt when the time came I would just buy the best car available on the given day. The Camry happended to be the best deal. I couldn't be happier. Much better pick-up than expected from a 4-cyl. Excellent gas mileage (34 mpg highway), and it drives so smoothly it's a pure pleasure. I bought the car with 25,000 miles on it, and I look forward to driving it for years. I get a lot of comments about the very smart purchase I made.

Surprising acceleration, interior controls are very logical, gas mileage.

It's exterior is not as appealing as the Accord or the Altima.

MPG Stinks
By Greg Winter

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I am disgusted with this, my 2nd Camry, and my 3rd Toyota. The MPG was advertised as 24 city, 34 HWY. I have NEVER gotten better than 17 mpg and sometimes get 15/16. I've taken it to Toyota and all I get is a recommendation for a $500 tuneup. I have religiously followed instructions for maintenance, and have treated it with care, but I'm going to sell it. My Dodge minivan with 110K miles gets better mileage. I bought the silly thing mainly because I wanted better mileage, and it was a replacement for my '95 Camry which, even after 120K miles, got 24 mpg. Pathetic. Plus, the cup holder in the front doesn't work: it's not adjustable and the slim plastic tab keeps popping out. A lemon.

Increase mileage. Redesign the front cup holder. Improve HP.

Jerky/Slow responding Camry
By ramankgb

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

The Camry gives impressive fuel economy for a V6. Reston, va to Erie, pa on a tank of gas. Very silent compared to my 2.4L Camry. The fit and finish are excellent and is the interior comfort. Excellent JBL stereo option. The only problems i noticed was, The transmission shifts back and forth at low speeds. It gets very annoying especially in rush hour traffic. I am assuming that to save on cost, the same tranny as the one used in 2.4L or 3.3L was mated to the 3.0L. Also, the Drive by wire system response is tragically slow, especially during accelaration for passing other cars, to the point that it can become a safety hazard, as the driver is unable to judge the passing time.

Automatic Headlights, JBL Audio Option

Drive by wire computer and Transmission ratios

2006 Camry
By Patrick

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE V6 4dr Sedan (3.3L 6cyl 5A)

Car looks good, drives fine but the low profile tires are noisy. Transmission was replaced at 20000 miles. Eats through tires like a demon. EIGHT tires in 30000 miles. Toyota completely unresponsive to the problem

good pick up looks nice

less noisy ride, improve poor transmission, do something about eating through tires