Used 2006 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 108 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Nice allround
By Bill

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

Boring inside design, moonroof has given more problems than it should...elct. wiring up behind headliner is always coming loose making for roof rattles and the drain line[s] for the moonroof clog up so I end up with a lake in the front pass. side floorboard after a heavy rain. Otherwise it's been a great car and I really dig the power of the 3.0 V6. On the highway with cruise control set at 62-63 mph....I'm getting 30 MPG.

Power with good MPG

Dig having a power moonroof but it has its bugs.

40,000 mile review
By Greg

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Bought this 06 Camry SE (4cyl) new and have put 40k on. No problems at all. Whenever I have purchased a Toyota or Honda I like them more as the miles rack up. This Camry is no exception. The OEM tires needed replacing @ 40k. They were kind of noisy and didn't do well in wet weather or snow. I replaced them with Good Year Triple Treads... big improvement. The paint is kind of soft so it shows scratches easier. But the ride, quietness, comfort, roominess, MPG and everything else has been great. Yeah the styling is kind of boring but it functions well. I like the simple controls. Cruise at 80 mph is no problem. Lots of interior room front and rear.

Simple controls, quiet ride, interior room, big trunk, reliability, MPG, low cost to own. I like the little drawer for change!

The black cloth interior clings to lint. Ditch the key fob... sets off panic too easy.

Dependable, Reliable and COOL
By Frankie-i

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 1996 Toyota Corolla with manual transmission. The car has been extremely reliable as well as dependable throughout the years. I felt it was time for me to upgrade to a newer and larger vehicle. I knew I wanted another Toyota, so I purchased my 2006 Toyota Camry through a dealer friend of mine in Southern California. It took him some time to find a Camry with a five speed manual transmission. I love this car, it drives like a dream, the interior is super nice and the lines of the vehicle are classy. I purchased the 15 inch Toyota split spoke rims for the car and it looks tough. I get a lot of compliments on this car.

There are to many favorite features to list.

I would like to see the seats adjust a little lower than they actually do. They seem to be just a little to high for me.

Great car!
By SWFL

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

It seems to good to be true! I just want to know if this car will ever die on me? Going on 90,000 miles and all we've ever done to it is regular maintenance, replaced tires once, and replaced the battery once also. BTW, this is my 4th Camry, I never had any problems with any of them. Seriously, how long will this car last? Would love to read about long term mileage owners.

It's a damn workhorse!! Just feed it and go.

There seems to be a blind spot in the front driver side windshield, maybe it's me. And the relays for one of the rear electric windows needs to be replaced. But I've had this problem with other Camrys.

Own 2 Camrys and Love Them
By JC

2006 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

Purchased a 2004 Camry SE with 4 cyl and auto trans, new, and loved it so much I bought the exact same model for my wife in 2006. Consumer Reports describes the ride as that of a more expensive car and they are correct. I have had absolutely no problems with either the 2004 or 2006, just normal maintenance. Hwy mileage is 33, city 24, as long as you drive sensibly and keep tires inflated to 32 psi. My tirewear has gone to normal lengths (25,000 for new car tire; 40,000 for replacement Costco Michelin tires).

4-cyl acceleration equal to my 6-cyl 1999 Chev Malibu and the Camry transmission is smooth, effortless.

2004 model allowed cruise control in D, 3, 2 and with/without overdrive. 2006 disables cruise except in D with overdrive. 2004 allowed full defrost with outside OR recycled air; 2006 forces you to have outside air. I wish they would restore the 2004 choices as we have more options.