Used 2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 329 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Cheap Plastic - Rear Speaker Covers
By philip

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cosmetic and annoying. Plastic rear speaker covers in the LE crumble after 4 years and fall into the speakers. Toyota refuses to reimburse for replacement covers. Poor design choice and a hassle to owners.

Improve quality of interior materials.

2005 Toyota Camry (base) - 5 spd manual
By DAN

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Great car... I have put mostly highway miles on mine and am still on the original brakes after almost 5 years and 63000 miles. My only gripe is the paint/finish. I opted for a dealer- applied 5-yr super simonize wax and even with that, I still have deep chips and scratches. From driving on the hwy, I would've expected minor scratches on the hood from rocks, but these are like gouges. Other than that, this car has been amazing. I'll definitely purchase another Toyota as soon as I get 200000-250000 miles on this one.

Reliability, 5000-mile recommended oil changes

PAINT/FINISH

2nd Time Around
By THEAL

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Camry. My first was a 2002 which I love and still have. My 2005 is even better. I love the steering wheel mounted radio controls, the extra cog in the tranny, and the slight bump in HP and fuel economy. This car is smooth as can be. Great car for long trips. Interior materials are better quality than the 07 redesign. I love the fact that all I have to do is general maintenance. I have no troubles with this car or my 02 (which now has 140,000 miles). Have not had to see a mechanic not even once. As far as sportiness, there is none to be had here, look elsewhere. But if you are looking for a good car, that is smooth, quiet and reliable, then look no further than the Camry.

The smooth ride. Quiet engine. Rock solid reliability. The leather and fake wood pkg in my LE. Interior looks XLE for LE coin.

Needs a tad more power. A little more sportiness in the steering and handling.

Solid Car
By Richard

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I'll echo what other folk are saying. Bought mine new in 2005 and have had no problems at all, not even a burnt bulb. I think I'm at 83,000 miles or so now. I put Goodyear Tripletreads on around 40,000 as I didn't like the factory tires, and the Tripletreads greatly increased braking power, corner, and wet-condition handling. I usually get low 30s gas mileage for mix driving and mid thirties for long highway trips. Just be smart and buy this car if you're looking. Oh, and change the in-cabin air filter at least once a year to help with inside fog.

Excellent reliability, curtain airbags, steering volume control, power driver's seat, great A/C, overhead sunglass storage space

I suggest Toyota and all other auto manufactures should go back to the good old days when they actually put enough paint on cars. This car, like all the recent ones I see, gets road chips entirely too easily. I could slide a hammer over the hood of my old 94 Camry and not even scratch it.

Reliable but not so fun to drive
By Topaz

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

It's a very reliable car. Low maintenance. However, when I need a sudden burst to accelerate on the freeway, it almost redlines going from 55mph to 65mph.

I like that the driver's side seat has many adjustment options. The center console is also very handy. Great place to charge your phone or leave personal items out of plain view.

Improve the transmission.