Used 2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 328 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2005 XLE Toyota Camry 4 dr
By Rick

2005 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car 3 months ago and I was looking at 2007 nissans and toyotas. The only reason I bought this one was that it only had 12,000 miles on it. Now I only have one complaint about this car and that is when you step on the gas it boggs down and it feels like I'm towing a boat. Then once I get going it's fine. The dealer told me it was a wire and they would reset the memory so the car would learn my driving habits. I'm not convinced that this reset of THE WIRE really was it or that is just the way 05 camrys are. It really ticks me off but other than that I love the car. Is it me or do these 05 camrys have this problem? Making me wish I went with a 07 Altima.

The stereo, the style of the body and the gas isn't too bad on the wallet.

It's the Little things!
By anteatersgirl

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

40K miles, 4years old... Rear Speakers cracked and fell apart, into the speaker last year. Really hard to clean out, radio buzzes when bass plays. Toyota doesn't replace part. Bad design! Had to buy new covers. Door remote no longer works. Can only get into the car by driver side. Very hard with 2 young children in car seats. $800-$1000 to replace at Toyota Dealer. Safety hazard that should be covered by the company...it's not. Other than those issues I like the car very much. It's the little annoying things that just add up.

Easy to drive. Nice for a family of 4.

Car should have door locks on both front doors. There should be more than one way to get in to the car. Speakers should be covered and if the lock system goes down they should consider making the price more reasonable to fix.

05 Camry SE
By mbateyman

2005 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Having driven my Camry for over a year, and almost 20,000 miles, I must say its truly an amazing vehicle. Although mine is a 4cyl. SE, its got some nice kick to it. I really think Camry owners get their money's worth because its all around a great car. Things don't break unexpectedly or unexplained. It never quits, very fun to drive, looks great, and the ride quality is just astonishing. And to add, I actually get about 23 to 24 in the city including quick take offs when I'm running late for work. Its nice when people envy your car! ***The only choice for SE 4cyl was manual but my vehicle is an automatic.

Ride Quality rocks. Great stock sound system (very clear). Vehicle is EXTREMELY response in every factor. MPG.

Engine is quite loud at high RPMs, You must buy the highest model up to get rear air vents and side air bags.

Solid, Dependable Car
By Phil

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased a 2005 Toyota Camry for traveling purposes. It has 71k miles and the car has been wonderful so far. It has a nice comfortable ride, and the car is also stylish. I love the steering wheel audio controls, and the spoiler on mine. The 2010 model is even more beautiful. Not too many passenger cars can compare with the Camry.

Steering wheel audio controls, spoiler, great sound system, undeniable Toyota reliability.

Thicker paint on previous generations, but Toyota has corrected this problem in the 2007 redesign.

Cheap Plastic - Rear Speaker Covers
By philip

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Cosmetic and annoying. Plastic rear speaker covers in the LE crumble after 4 years and fall into the speakers. Toyota refuses to reimburse for replacement covers. Poor design choice and a hassle to owners.

Improve quality of interior materials.