Used 2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 329 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

More than happy with my first Camry
By B. Forrester

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I formerly drove a Nissan Maxima which I purchased used. Loved the car, but it had occasional problems. I traded it for my 05 Camry. I now have 48,000 miles on it, and have only spent money on oil changes, air filter, cabin filter, and front brake pads (not rotors. I live in the Adirondacks High Peaks region on a private road. Only this year did I decide to put snow tires on. I've never had any problem with this car, the mileage is good, and I've never had any acceleration problems. Going from a 6 cyl. Maxima to a 4 cyl. was really no problem. I love the car and features, and will buy another. It's quiet and comfortable.

Headlights and interior lights stay on until vehicle is unloaded and then for about a minute which gives you time to get to the house without outside lighting. Never worry about leaving lights on or not turning them on - can set for automatic. Plenty of room to carry things - versatile.

My only complaint would be the fact that the driver seat could use better thigh support, but it's still more comfortable than most.

2005 Camry Safety Hazzard
By stackowi

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

In the fall of 2009 I purchased a used 2005 Camry LE. This has turned out to be the most unsafe car that I have ever owned. To begin with there have been multiple occurrences of unexpected acceleration which seems to be due to a design flaw in the brake pedal. It is too small and located too close to the accelerator which causes me to trounce on the gas when I intend to apply the brakes. I am very fortunate that I have not struck someone or something as this is a dangerous situation. I have taken it back to the dealer to adjust the brakes which has not helped and Toyota wants me to take it back for further examination, a process which would mean that I would have to spend money for this

NA

NA

Very pleased
By Kevin

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2005 Camry with 215,000 miles only thing has been brake caliper went out, now starting to have transmission problems but now 215,000 that a lot of miles.

I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO BUY TOYOTA
By pb

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

My car only has 66,000 miles and I had to spend so much money to get it fix 2 weeks back the car was giving me a problem of stopping middle of road and was not going over 40 mph I took to dealer and he said some animal somehow got in the car and chew all the cables (how animal can get inside from the bottom of the car) I believed what he said and paid $700 to fix it after 2 weeks all of sudden my car stopped right in center of the highway and I towed to the dealer and now he said it is related to the prior problem and I have to pay $1,100 to fix this. Never ever buy Toyota.

Still Going Strong
By Dave

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I've had my base 2005 Camry since I purchased it new in August 2004. It now has 75,000 miles and I commute 68 miles roundtrip 5 days a week. I'm getting approximately 28 mpg which I consider good. I had a tune up at 60,000 miles which improved its performance. I've also changed the transmission fluid twice. Other than oil changes every 5,000 miles, I haven't had to do much else. It's been a great reliable car so far.