Used 2005 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 328 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Good solid car
By Daniel

2005 Toyota Camry Standard 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So i bought my 2005 Camry SE v6

I see complaints about handling but noticed all complaints are on the cheapest model camrys LE's base 4cyl

Mine handles like a champ (sway bars bigger rims/wider tires on the SE)

120,000 miles not a single issue other than my sunroof is touchy.

Gas milage is unbelievable for a good size sedan 34 hwy

I live in mohave county Az average temp in summer near 120, paint is still nearly perfect no fade.

Trunk space would make al capone blush, I could hide 10 bodies in there.

225hp is just right, my altima SER was overboard and caused wheel spin 285hp,
Plus tires were a yearly issue on the altima.

Build quality... It ain't no BMW but its better than average.

Great car overall, not fancy but still classy.

Good Car, Beware the Paint
By Patti

2005 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

This was the only car I've ever bought relatively new from a dealer. Bought at 60k miles, sold at 90k. It was very comfortable, performance was great, fuel economy about 31 usual driving, up to 40 on road trips. It wasn't great on ice, my theory is the weight of the car was distributed too far to the back to make for optimal front wheel drive traction. The only problem I had with it in that time was the paint. I had the blue color, and that paint would scratch/chip if you BREATHED on it wrong. The front hood was a mess of chips. The paint was kind of a ridiculous worry, but it stressed me out, and made me happy to get rid of it at the end of our time together.

Still a great car after 11 years
By jw3YJ6

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this new and it's been a great car for us. Still running great after 11 years! Repairs and maintenance beyond the usual scheduled work include: 2 batteries, 3 sets of front brakes, 1 set of rear brakes, tires, exhaust, struts, water pump (replaced under warranty), glitch in the steering, leaking power steering fluid. The brakes have always been soft on this vehicle and with aging and pot-holed streets the suspension is looser than it used to be. Highway fuel economy is about 29 mpg in winter (with winter tires) and 34 mpg in summer (with all season tires).

Excellent Commuter Car
By keegm480

2005 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5A)

I have owned my fair share of cars, and this is definitely my favorite to drive to work in every day. No, it's not exciting to drive, but it is very comfortable and has plenty of power for the average person. I have had zero issues with this car, just routine maintenance. Has a very good stock audio system in the car, I can't see myself selling this any time soon! I drive a lot of long trips, this car just eats away the miles!

Comfortable, Reliable, Great Standard Speakers

My only complaint is the car is a bit too boring inside, but I really can't complain, the 2012+ Camry's have much nicer interiors, but they are $10k more expensive, I can live with a plain interior!

Material and Mechanical Parts are so Cheap
By Thuy Vp

2005 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I own 2005 Toyota Camry (this is my 2nd Camry) and the quality of this one is terrible. The fabric inside has rolled up cotton ball. The fabric of the ceiling inside the car was all falling apart. The plastic inside is all loosen up. Its value is really bad compared to my previous Camry. My sister bought a 2012 Camry and the same thing happened to her. The material is so cheap. Not to mention all the mechanical parts - they don't last like the old Camry. We decided No more Camry and had shared this problem with everyone we know.

None

Use quality material and lasting parts.