Used 2004 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

still going strong
By lemaire

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

352000 kil.all original except for front brakes and stabilizer bar bushings...of course the tires are new and the oil and filter have been changed at regular intervals....would buy another 04 tomorrow..best car I have ever owned
Still zooming along,466000 kil,,

Love my Toyota!
By maddogca

2004 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5A)

I was a little skeptical about getting this car at first. Now, I'm glad that I made the purchase. It has NEVER left me stranded and has ALWAYS sent me from Point A to Point B. So far, the only maintenance I have done to my car was oil changes, a new battery, and tires. I also love the moonroof and the leather seats. The JBL sound system is also a pretty nice system. The only thing that I can think that I dislike is the rear window shade. Other than that, thumbs up on this end. Toyota's might be expensive to purchase, but maintenance cost and insurance are SO LOW that it makes up for it.

Best car I ever owned
By JJ

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I now have about 115,000 miles on this car. There have been no problems. Even what I consider expected repairs came much later than expected; brake pads at 85,000, struts at 110,000. This is even after having been driven by two teenage boys. MPG is great; 27 on daily commute, and 34 on vacation road trips. i have enough confidence in this car that I let my son take it to college with him. I replaced it for my use with a 2007 Camry and have been disappointed. the 2004 is vastly superior.

reliability, MPG, comfort

Drives Well, Good on Gas
By Rick

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car with 39k on it. The car rides well and has good stability. If I have any complaints is the interior cloth seats tend to generate static electricity and don't hold up well with child seats. The interior is loaded with plastic. Car is tight, steers well and a pleasure to drive. It actually has a lot of similar characteristics to a luxury car I have that costs almost 3 times the price.

Gas mileage, steering response, handles well.

This car came with the clunky steering wheel(intermediate shaft) and pulling to the left. Once I had that fixed the car has been very good. Toyota should have issued a recall for this particular problem instead of just a technical service bulletin.

Buyers Beware!
By SCathey

2004 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

May 2010: In 4 months, I have had transmission rebuilt, trouble with catalytic converter, and now needs new engine! I took really good care of this car and intended to keep if for 20 years! I am selling as is and never buying another Toyota EVER!

Better built everything!