Used 2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 386 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

My Camry is HOT!
By lovemyCamry2003

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car is sporty and quick. Been in the shop one time for a tune up. No problems to date. Bought for the kids, but still drive it for me.

Quick acceleration

Second only to my 1993 Ford Ranger that is still on the road with 250k + miles.

Can't stop this Camry.
By Rhymin Hieman

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used when it had 94,000 miles on it. It now has 164,000. It is the first Toyota I have owned and I would buy another one again without a second thought. I add between 600 and 700 more miles to the odometer every week and haven't done anything other than regular maintenance; fluid changes, brakes, shocks and tires. It is a 5 speed, so it maybe feels a little sportier than your grandpa's Camry might. It is not the sports car my ego desires, but my practical side relishes it's reliability and economy. Who could ask for anything more? Oh what a feeling!

Bullet proof powertrain. Excellent fuel economy.

Softer materials on the door side armrests. The hard plastic under a veil of cloth hurts my elbow on long drives. Probably not an issue with the optional leather interior.

Really Disgusted
By Paul

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

My 2003 Camry is my third Toyota and my last. At 55K miles, I had to replace the steering column($400+) and now at 60K, I have a slow leak in the steering seals and that requires the entire steering rack to be replaced for $1300+. Everyone says how great Toyotas are...not any more. This recent recall will send customers running away from the brand. I am done with Toyota...back to domestics!

Toyota's Buick
By kato

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Nice, soft riding and soft handling car that is very reliable, very dull. Good space for family; seats are not as comfortable as they should be.

Better front seats and tighter suspension; better gas mileage.

Rock Solid for 6 yrs
By m14708

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Bought brand new and haven't regretted it. 105000 miles and just tires & brakes. Car still looks great and build quality is excellent. Would love to but a new car but don't want a note and really no reason to get rid of it. Still has lots of life left.

Comfort, Reliability, looks.