Used 2003 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 384 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Great Car
By lennylg

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I had a 2003 Camry that my mother bought brand new. I'm upset, I totalled the car on ice. It had 95,000 miles on it. I got it with 30,000 miles on it. I never fixed a thing. I so hoped to take it to 200,000 miles.

Owned since brand new in 2003
By bagui1984

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned this car since 2003 when it was bought brand new. I am 29 now and the car now has a bit over 126,000 miles. I have not experienced the dreaded stripping head bolts yet, and hope I never have to experience it. Ideally, I would love to use this car until 300,000 miles.

I bought the car because of Toyota's reputation on reliability. I have added lots of mods on this LE, Homelink, HID projector headlamps from a Lexus, Wood grain, Fog Lights from the XLE model, TRD rear sway bar, just to make this car a bit fun to drive. I love it thus far, no real problems yet and hopefully forever.

Sound system is excellent, crisp and lots of bass, Reliability is excellent, Comfort is also excellent on long trips. The visibility is great as well. The Turning radius/Cycle is one of the best out there. I guess that is what Toyota/Lexus is known for. Toyota builds excellent cars.

Handling is ok, though I would like it to be a tad bit better, I know the 2012+ Camrys are excellent handling machines. I wish this was the case for the 03. The suspension just feels a bit soft. When you go over a bump the car kind of acts a bit clumsily.

dont buy this car get a 2004 and up
By jlevitan

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

bought the car from a dealer. car needed the starter and fan system replaced 2 days after. car runs really hot. oil is seeping out of the engine. car has 103,000 miles on it for a Toyota this shouldn't be much. there is a known issue with camrys from 2002-2006 with the headbolts stripping off the engine block causing the engine to overheat and then blow at any givin time.and there is no support from toyota they could car less selling the car on name alone instead of quality. if i could go back in time i would tell the dealer to keep it and got into something else. purchased it for Toyota name and quality and got the worst car experience ive ever havve to deal with do not buy this car

2003 Toyota Camry
By buckeye30

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My car just surpassed 150,000 miles today. It has been an extremely dependable, reliable, inexpensive maintenance, and overall a great car for its value. Just do the regular maintenance and Toyota never disappoints you. I commute nearly 100 miles a day, but even though my car is nearly 11 years old, it gives me full confidence to start my day. Power is decent although there is a power lag, but you can't expect more since it is not meant to be a sporty car.

Reliability, inexpensive maintenance

Boring drive, lazy transmission

Great Camry
By chunt5

2003 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Our 2003 Camry, that we purchased new, has been a great car.
It only has 20,000 miles on it but we have not had a single issue with it.
It still drives and handles like brand new.
I replaced the tires just because they were 9 years old.
The only other part that we replaced is the battery in 2008.
I like the Camry so much that I just purchased a new Toyota Tacoma.