Used 2001 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

One hell of a car
By Irwin (Irv) Weinberg

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

In the years that I have owned this car the most problem I have had is a computer problem with a dash light, fixed in 1/2 hour at the dealer, a tiny bulb replacement and a battery replacement. It is dependable, comfortable and I am still driving it and not yet ready to replace it, and now knowing that it was probably built in the states makes me feel even better. Thank you Mr. Toyota

Great surround sound for both CDs and audio tape for this jazz fan

The latest Camrys I see do not have a cassette player included. Many music fans are loaded with cassettes which we play often. It would be nice to see them included in new cars.

Toyota Camry, Totally Cool !
By Kathy McCormick

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My Camry is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, needing only the recommended, standard services during my ownership. It's a vehicle I enthusiastically recommend, by a manufacturer (Toyota) of the highest caliber. The back seats are as comfortable and roomy as in most luxury cars, making for a pleasant passenger experience. I plan to purchase Toyota products from this point forward.

The exterior paint (white) has kept my vehicle cooler and saved money on the air-conditioning cost. The fabric interior is extremely comfortable and the gas mileage (30-32 mpg) is outstanding for a mid-size sedan!

My only suggestion is something Toyota is already doing for the 2007 year model - making it a hybrid vehicle!

Standard transmission
By Nate

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used from private owner in Spring 05 with 47,000 miles on it. I drove 800 miles round trip for this car. Couldn't have made a better decision. The car is absolutely beautiful in its silver mist and the original owner placed 2001 solara alloy wheels to the touch of this beautiful camry along side of its tinted windows. Very luxurious in its elegance. The flaw: It does not shift smoothly into gears and I have a popping sound when I stop in reverse. Need to have it checked. Other than that, Its a Toyota, the best money can buy, and wow is it beautiful. My fiance loves driving my camry.

The color, the solara alloy wheels, the roominess, the reliability, deep trunk space

A little more planning in the standard transmission to make a more of a smooth performance. Maybe a gear ratio change. ABS optional please. More 4cyl. power. If I had the automatic I wouldn't be able to get out of my own way

Wow what a terrific car to own and drive
By Lin Bradley

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

We looked at a lot of cars and drove some and this is the best one we were able to purchase. No other drove with such smootheness. This is the best year for this model. I like it even over the Altimas. Go get one! You won't be sorry. But, they are hard to find. Sorry maybe I got the last good one in Portland, OR. Good luck!

I just love all of these features. I have the two-tone Gallery series and it is sweet. Very limited number made but they are out there if you keep looking.

Maybe some touch-up paint in two tone would be nice. For those pesky little dings we all hate to see on our cars. Watch those doors guys. Be nice to your neighbor,it may be your car next time.

Seat is killing me
By mike

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this car in 2002. Didn't get to spend enough time in it to discover the driver's seat is just awful. It feels misaligned, and wreaks havoc on my back. Brought it back to the dealer and they said it was fine. The acceleration was terific for the first year, then it was noticeably slower getting on the freeway. Just age I was told. The interior is bland, the exterior is okay, but more suited to senior citizens. I've had an okay experience, never been stranded. I am definitely looking to get out of this car in a hurry though.

I get 25 mpg overall, which is great for a v-6.

Work on those seats, and make the interior a little more luxurious for the LE.