Used 2001 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Very nice at 100K+
By Derrick

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used with around 60,000 miles on it. I'm now at just over 110,000 and not having any problems with it at all. I got fog lamps placed on it as well as aftermarket cruise control. I have a 5-speed manual and it responds great. It only has a 4 cylinder in it so in any race I end up losing but it handles very nicely on the highway for 16 hour drives and doesn't cost much in maintenance except for a few things that that have needed to be replaced, but doesn't seem bad at 110,000 and still runs clean and smooth. I wish it would hurry up and break down so I could justify going to get a Tacoma truck now.

I'm tall and fit in it nicely (at 6'6"). Handles great on the highway, also nice in stop and go traffic

Most Reliable Car Ever Built
By Steve

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Having purchased five Hondas, and as good as Hondas are, I must say that I certainly don't feel that the Camry gives up anything in the way of handling to my 2004 Accord Coupe, but I have gained a much smoother and quieter Lexus-like ride. This car is just so easy to drive and the ergonomics are tops. Best car for the money in my opinion. I should also mention that since I've owned the Camry (April 2001), I have not had one single problem. Put the superb Nokian all season tires on this car and the Camry sticks to the ground like glue in rain or snow. The 2001 four cylinder feels somewhat underpowered around town (especially after driving the 6-cylinder 2004 Accord Coupe with 245hp), but once you get moving, especially on the highway, the refinement of the engine really shows. 90 miles per hour on the highway and this engine is as smooth as silk.

Ride, comfort, build quality, reliability, great ergonomics everything is right where you would expect it.

Very Fast, Corner Carver
By Jeff from Pittsburgh

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is awsome, you can do 0-60 in 7.8 seconds, also this thing will go around corners like nothing. After about 3 hours the seats get uncomfortable, and the rear seat cup holder broke, but was fixed by the dealer under warranty. This car only has 42000 miles on it in 2006, and still looks and runs like new.

fast engine

seats and stronger rear cup holder

One hell of a car
By Irwin (Irv) Weinberg

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

In the years that I have owned this car the most problem I have had is a computer problem with a dash light, fixed in 1/2 hour at the dealer, a tiny bulb replacement and a battery replacement. It is dependable, comfortable and I am still driving it and not yet ready to replace it, and now knowing that it was probably built in the states makes me feel even better. Thank you Mr. Toyota

Great surround sound for both CDs and audio tape for this jazz fan

The latest Camrys I see do not have a cassette player included. Many music fans are loaded with cassettes which we play often. It would be nice to see them included in new cars.

Toyota Camry, Totally Cool !
By Kathy McCormick

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My Camry is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned, needing only the recommended, standard services during my ownership. It's a vehicle I enthusiastically recommend, by a manufacturer (Toyota) of the highest caliber. The back seats are as comfortable and roomy as in most luxury cars, making for a pleasant passenger experience. I plan to purchase Toyota products from this point forward.

The exterior paint (white) has kept my vehicle cooler and saved money on the air-conditioning cost. The fabric interior is extremely comfortable and the gas mileage (30-32 mpg) is outstanding for a mid-size sedan!

My only suggestion is something Toyota is already doing for the 2007 year model - making it a hybrid vehicle!