Used 2001 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Not So Enamored With Toyota
By Bob M.

2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After my wife had owned, and still owns, a Toyota, I bought a Certified Used Toyota (2001 XLE Camry V6) with 61,000 miles. Week after I had it the battery died. Since May 2007, I am going through my third caliper repair (2 on the left, one on the right)which has cost me over $1,000 to fix. Just had to replace timing belt. Seems I am constantly shelling out money to fix things. Seriously thinking about dumping this one. I might trade in on another Toyota, but my experience has not been great. I believe my caliper issue is a design flaw and that I shouldn't have to keep paying to fix

Camry
By Elena DeLucia

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My seventh Toyota and it is a pleasure. I still have my '87 Camry wagon and it is in great shape as well. Reliable, reliable, reliable and hold their value well. Once I had a fancy expensive sports car, I don't need to look pretty while I wait for the tow truck in the hot Arizona sun. Six Toyotas and not a single complaint on any of them and I have never been left on the side of the road by any of them.

Regular maintenance equals long life and reliable service. Is being well built a feature?

The body style of the Camry is a little dull/ordinary. I could have a bit more style.

No problems
By bj

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a used 2001 Camry in may of 2003 with 23000 miles on it. I drive it daily back and forth to work 38 miles each way. I also drive it anywhere I want to go with it. I average around 30 mpg virtually all the time. As of now I have about 92000 miles on it with absolutely no problems. I have not replaced the timing belt nor have I had to replace the brake pads. This is an extremely reliable car. Also have a 94 4cyl Camry with 196000 miles on it with only a few problems. Couple of front axles and brakes plus on oil pump. Long story on the oil pump but it still runs and drives great.

Love the gas mileage especially @ $3 per gallon. Good comfortable ride.

Exterior a little plain but ok.

Great Car
By jenny541

2001 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My husband bought this car for me in 2001. It had been leased for 6 months and only had 1400 miles on it! I LOVE this car! It drives smoothly, is comfortable (never had seat problems), and it is safe! I am looking to trade it in for a Matrix, most likely, but I still love this car, just wish it had more cargo space.

Sunroof, V6 engine, smooth ride.

NO keyless entry! I had to put it on after market and it doesn't open the trunk :(

2001 Toyota Camry
By jenny541

2001 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I have loved my Toyota Camry! It drives super smooth and the V6 engine is awesome. Besides being a safe car, it feels safe. It handles curves well, stops quickly and I've never lost control of it. Even in the snow, it has only fish-tailed once!

V6 engine, sunroof.

Remote keyless entry, power seats, remote trunk open.