Used 2001 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 93 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love it
By Arthur Spooner

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in 2001. I get 27 city and 33-35 hwy. The seats aren't as comfortable as I'd like. But that is not a big issue. I've not had any problem with it whatsoever.

Sunroof and nice rims. 3,000 pounds is the perfect weight for a car. Nice and nimble, not too big.

I like this one better than the 09s. And mine still looks new thanks to my detailer.

How long is forever?
By in2daark

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I saw a post that said 'I wish it'd break down so I can buy the tacoma I want.' I was waiting for my Camry to pack it in in the past. But at this point (148K miles) I realize that it will be there for me when I need it. I've only replaced a tail light bulb on this over and above regular scheduled maintenance!

Lots of room for stuff. I actually remodeled a bathroom and only used this car to haul the vanity, shower pan and everything else I used in the new bath. No truck rental was needed. smooth ride and sun roof. I like the size. The 2002s got bigger and I chose this one over the remod.

Maybe it could use plusher seats.

2001 camry LE V6 Gallery Series
By Danny Dale

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I purchased this car from a friend who wanted a 2008 model. It is in excellent shape in all areas. I also like the two tone paint and the other upgrades that went with the Gallery Series. It had 162000 miles on it, but looks like new. I did put new tires on and brake pads and new belts, only because I wanted to start off with them on it. It had been taken care of in all areas. Besides changing the oil on date of purchase, I had the radiator flushed. I only paid $5000.00 for it, and am extremely happy. I have 164000 on it now. My last car was a Cadillac Seville and it had 378000 miles when I gave it up. All my mileage is highway travel. I baby my cars to go as long as possible.

2 tone paint and the quality over-all.

The seats are not that comfortable.

No major problems
By Erin

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

First off the reason why I gave this a 5 in the fun to drive and exterior design is because I'm only 26. I traded my 99 Honda Civic in 2004 for this Camry. I prefer the space in the Camry and the durability. I have only been left on the side of the road once and that was my fault for not replacing the timing belt sooner. Bad me! Other than that it has just been scheduled maintenance and a few headlight bulbs to replace. I commute a lot in headlight areas on the highway so im guessing that explains the headlights. I would definitely buy another heaven forbid something happen to the one I drive now. No more Honda Civic for me!

The cup holders. I was always spilling stuff in my honda by the way the cup holders were designed. I have owned this car for 4 years and not one spill (front seat or back) in the time I have owned it. I also like the adjustable sun visor. Oh and the clip that holds the driver's floor mat in place.

The radio! I know the car wasn't marketed for young me, but there could be minor improvements in that department. I'm sure that problem has long been fixed by now. Also my wood grain panel stuff has peeled off. Although I'm sure it wasn't designed for the hot California valley's sun.

Superbly dependable and comfortable car
By tosh

2001 Toyota Camry Sedan XLE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

This Camry is a second V6 XLE I own. Both have been manufactured in Japan. I have never had any repair other than minor scratches and regular maintenance. I use the dealership for service as I found that Toyota service is about the same as others.Because I no longer commute to work, I have a low mileage but it is so comfortable to drive on long trips. It has a great pick up at every traffic light and I have to watch my speed at all times. It is a different kind of "fun to drive" from RX7 I used to drive, but I feel quite secure in this car. Cargo space is sufficient. I will keep it for a while as at present I have only 55000 miles on it.

Moon roof, leather trim, and spacious trunk.

The brake always felt softer than I like. However, it has never failed to work adequately.