Used 2001 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 96 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Money Well Spent :-)
By Court Court

2001 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Camry. I have a 01 CE and the only complaint I have is the design is boring, but my car is reliable. I've put around 61k miles on it since I bought it in 06 and at a little under 130k it's still going strong. Replaced charcoal canister a few months after purchase, very minor. Outside of oil changes, brake changes and new tires and alignment I've had absolutely no problems. Timing belt is due (probably overdue) to be replaced. I love my car and I'm going to ride her until the wheels fall off. I'm actually in the market for a new vehicle and because of my wonderful experience with "Deja" more than likely I'll be buying another Camry.

She's RELIABLE! Smooth ride, good gas mileage.

Rather boring looking vehicle.

Can a Mercedes owner really like a Toyota
By camry 300TD

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

Daily commute 100 miles times 23 years. It has take four used 79-83 Mercedes diesels to get me this far. (However saving one seems only prudent.) Bought the '01 used 36600 miles. Although the Camry doesn't give you the feel of the heavy Mercedes, its ride is acceptable. The Camry takes less maintenance so far than the over engineered Mercedes. The 4 cylinder does fine, very smooth.

Turn the key and go, 30-35 mpg. That's better than many new ones. The drivers seat needed additional padding. It very stealthy, nobody notices you!

It's too late now!

Put gas and go!
By surfer40

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My Camry is like an old friend. As it gets older, items wear, I guess. My exterior driver door handle broke and revealed it was not designed as I thought it should've been. Car gets temperamental and an infrequent occasion, it doesn't want to start and I found out several other owners had suffer from this. Lots of good looking plastic, but I guess the good ole days of steel are gone. Especially the bumper. Wind noise from exterior mirrors is loud and CD player probably needs adjustment.

Good back seat that split folds with head rests for adults. Positive feel in steering, good reliable.

flimsy cup holders in rear seat power point in rear rear drum brakes

Love it
By Arthur Spooner

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle new in 2001. I get 27 city and 33-35 hwy. The seats aren't as comfortable as I'd like. But that is not a big issue. I've not had any problem with it whatsoever.

Sunroof and nice rims. 3,000 pounds is the perfect weight for a car. Nice and nimble, not too big.

I like this one better than the 09s. And mine still looks new thanks to my detailer.

How long is forever?
By in2daark

2001 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

I saw a post that said 'I wish it'd break down so I can buy the tacoma I want.' I was waiting for my Camry to pack it in in the past. But at this point (148K miles) I realize that it will be there for me when I need it. I've only replaced a tail light bulb on this over and above regular scheduled maintenance!

Lots of room for stuff. I actually remodeled a bathroom and only used this car to haul the vanity, shower pan and everything else I used in the new bath. No truck rental was needed. smooth ride and sun roof. I like the size. The 2002s got bigger and I chose this one over the remod.

Maybe it could use plusher seats.