Used 2000 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 147 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

2000 Camry love it
By David Carrier

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Love my 2000 Camry.You raise the hood to check the fluids, you close the hood... because it needs nothing but usual oil changes,etc. Although i have had to put on brakes on him a couple of times (70k miles). That's the only thing, really are the brakes. Other then that ... love that car. Got my dad away from Cadillac after he saw the way my Camry wasn't in the shop!! dave

Brakes

Best car to walk the earth!
By TexBoyMike

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

This is by far the best car ever. I've not taken one step to keep it alive, yet it sustains its own life. I've bent it, dented it, skidded into ditches into, lost my left mirror twice, the right one one, I've hurt curbs, driven on the beach, gotten stuck in mud . . . . . NEED I go on? Anyway, through the past 5 years, I have racked up well over 137,000 miles on it, and it still functions as it did day one. =)

the accessibility of all the electronic devices for when you need to replace items and fix things.

Sun roof?

Camry V6 LE
By rs

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

Bought this car new 6 years ago because I loved the lexus ES300 but did not want to pay $35k. Has the same engine and transmission which has been a pleasure to drive. Smooth, powerful, quiet, and very smooth shifts. Every time I drive a rental car, I can't wait to get back in my Camry. The original General tires were garbage. Try a set of Dunlop Sport tires for much better handling and wear. 89k miles now and never, ever a problem. All I do change the oil and do very little scheduled maintenance. Other than some wear on the steering wheel, still runs and looks like brand new. Had an Accord which I drove for 100k miles but this car has been even more reliable.

Engine, Transmission, auto headlamps, good sized trunk. Toyota Quality can not be beat.

None

Best car for the money by far!
By BigJake

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I have owned 158 cars over the past 14 years. I am an expert on honda, toyota, and nissans. I originally bought a '99 camry and I ended up giving it to my mother. She now has 210K on it and it still drives just like mine with 70K. Through all my experience I have decided that the 2000-2001 toyota camry is the best car for your money. The styling is a bit plain-jane shall we say, but after you've driven one for awhile you get attached because it just feels so damn reliable. These cars are extremely quiet and their road manners have a peaceful, serene feeling like no other car I've owned. If the timing belt breaks, it won't harm the engine. I'm in love with these cars.

Reliablility, comfort, quiet cabin, transmission shifting, radio has a crisp, clear sound, gas mileage.

Interior styling

Toyota = Quality and Reliability
By tanner

2000 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Our Camry is used for a family car and has not had a single problem. Oil change, new tires and battery..that's it!

My wife likes the drivers seat, I find it uncomfotable on long drives, but I do suffer lower back problems.