Used 2000 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2000 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

good reliable car
By schwab

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

bought mine used in 2002 and have now 98000 miles only replaced battery and brake pads and tires nothing ever goes wrong with this car . it is a great relaible car excellent gas millage and no need for a mechanic ever ....

smooth ride, quiet ride

none

Interior not up to Toyota standard
By sue

2000 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I currently own my second 2000 Camry and this is my fourth Camry. I love the security in knowing it is going to get me where I need to go and bring me home. However I have a complaint about the quality of the intereior devices, I have had to replace door handles, the motor for the rear window had to be replace and we do not use the window often at all. The seat is wobbly and the mirror cover on the visor is broken. On the door arm rest the part around the window buttons is coming away from it. I suggest if you have any problems go ahead to your dealer and maybe they can replace it for cheaper.

Bring the interior quality up to Toyota standard.

Great Car
By Ryan

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My Camry LE has been extremely reliable. But then again, most Toyotas are. My Camry only has about 57k and I plan on going another 100k! Camry is fully loaded, has two-tone paint, leather seats, alloy wheels, sunroof, etc. Was my grandmother's car previously and was in perfect condition (save for a few typical scratches). Still looks like new on the inside, but the quality of the paint isn't as good as I thought. Needs to be cleaned really well to restore the original shine; but then again, it is a 7 year old car. Overall, have been very satisfied with the car. The only problems I have would be with the seats. On long drives they can become uncomfortable.

Good gas mileage, leather seats, sunroof, nice body design, has decent amount of power.

Seats need a lot more padding, I wish everybody didn't drive one.

Best Car I'll Ever Own!
By Native49

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in Feb 2005 with 55k miles. It now has close to 103k, and runs the same as it did with 55k. I've done nothing to it but oil changes and routine maintenance. It may have a 2.2liter 4cyl and 135hp, but I'm almost always the first one out of the gate when the light turns green, and I pass easily on the freeway, even when going up a 9% grade that lasts for 10 miles. I don't drive hard, either. I rarely go above 3000rpm, and never over 3500 (max hp is reached @5200). I've taken it on two different road trips which were 2/3 highway driving and 1/3 city, and overall gas mileage was 32mpg. I will keep this car and see how many miles I can put on it before it needs repairs.

GAS MILEAGE, moonroof, very smooth and quiet, power adjusting driver's seat, auto on/off headlights, I can't lock the car if my keys are in the switch, and if you go to lock the doors and one of them isn't quite shut, it beeps to let you know!

5.2 inches of ground clearance is too low!

Great, safe economical reliable car
By K

2000 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this 2000 toyota camry LE with 50,000 miles, certified. Now, I have just under 75,000 on it. Still has a great ride, performance, and handling. The 4 cyl engine gets well over 30 mpg highway, and has nice power. I like the standard power features, including the power seat. NEVER any problems with the car!!

CD player, with great sound, nice ride, temperature, and direction gauges, fuel economy, rear spoiler, peppy engine. If you can find a used Camry like mine, dont hesitate to buy one, PERFECT reliable car for you or your family.

The road noise is a little loud, but quiets down after a little while. Other than that, no major issues, or problems I can think of.