Used 1999 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 174 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

First Toyota I have owned
By Joyce

1999 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is a wonderful piece of machinery. The handling in marvelous, along with the comfort. Many people see the car, and think it is new. I have nothing negative to say about this car.

The RS3000 security system, the automatic lights. I haven't turned my lights on yet! The sound system. The power.

No improvements needed.

Bullet proof
By GAB

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Virtually trouble free for 70 K miles, mostly in the city. Quiet, comfortable, great gas mileage. Only problem is the rear brakes which shudder occasionally. Would definitely buy again.

Unsurpassed reliablilty, great ergonomics, quietness, gas mileage.

Rear brakes should be discs not drums. Upgrade the stereo.

Happy Camry Owner
By CamryLover

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Best car I have ever owned. A quiet drive, very economical, very reliable and trouble free. I only had to replace the struts on 74,000 miles. This is a very happy Camry owner !!

What a Joke
By NoCamFan

1999 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Sure seemed like an excellent used car at the time I bought it for my mom, exactly one year ago. At only 63K miles it smokes when cold (valve stem seals), clunks on small bumps (strut mounts), all the painted plastic has faded (bumpers, mirrors, door handles), exterior door handle falling off (cheap plastic). I should have spent thousands less and bought American. Extremely disappointed in this smoking rattle-trap. There are TSBs on the problems we have, so these are not maintenance issues - I regret ever buying this car - can't sell it without doing a valve job at ONLY 63K MILES! NOT a solid car.

Good on gas.

Use better materials.

Theres a reason Toyota is the top dog
By olstein103

1999 Toyota Camry CE 4dr Sedan

I received the car is about 78,000 miles on it. The only problem that has bothered me is the struts/shocks. The electronics are flawless, the day to day driving is excellent, and the fuel economy is amazing. The previous owner(my new stepbrother) is known for destroying his cars, and when I got it, I was so suprised at how well it took his beating. He is the person who would never maintain a vehicle ever. So my opinion of this car is excellent and would recommend it to anyone.

gas mileage, roomy, extremely reliable, good in cold weather, and all around good car.

need suspension work, little more pick-up so a slighty stronger engine, better rear cupholders, not much else. this is a real quality car.