Used 1999 Toyota Camry Sedan Consumer Reviews - 173 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Love my camry
By rick

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

Solid car, good transportation, reliable, great gas mileage, no mechanical problems, changed the oil regularly, third set of tires, will drive it til it falls apart.

Moonroof.

Disappointed
By Toyota NEVER Again

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

We purchased this Camry new believing it would be a great car for many years. The last two cars we owned, we have for about 10 years each. Beginning within a few months of ownership we have had the following problems: front and rear struts replaced twice, transmission replaced, transmission speed sensor replaced twice, air sensor replaced along with MANY other irritating minor things. Toyota is OFF our list for future purchases! And yes - we have followed the suggested maintenance schedule!

Great used car
By camrybug

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought my Camry for my college daughter two years ago with 85,000 miles on it. Two years later, at 115,000 miles, I have had no repairs AT ALL! The car is pleasant (not exactly a head turner) but does everything flawlessly. Great gas mileage and does exceptionally well in snow. I was surprised to find that it had ABS, a power driver's seat and a CD player. Toyota put a lot into a relatively inexpensive package.

Gas mileage, safety on the highway and in bad weather, CD player and power driver's seat, more power than I would have expected in a 4 cyl. car

Most of the improvements have already been made in later models. Now I understand why Toyota is the best selling sedan in America. I only hope they continue to improve on the gas mileage rather than go backwards as some car makers have done.

Fred Brooks
By Toyota Camery

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan CE 4dr Sedan

Purchased new, enjoy the car. Only reason I am trading is it is getting old and I want a new Camry. There is nothing wrong with the car. Have it serviced at dealership on regular basis. Interior is like new as well as outside. Kept in garage when not in use.

Ability to maneuver in traffic. Is a pretty car. Have never had any service problem.

First Toyota I have owned
By Joyce

1999 Toyota Camry Sedan LE V6 4dr Sedan

This car is a wonderful piece of machinery. The handling in marvelous, along with the comfort. Many people see the car, and think it is new. I have nothing negative to say about this car.

The RS3000 security system, the automatic lights. I haven't turned my lights on yet! The sound system. The power.

No improvements needed.