Used 1996 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1996 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

96 Camry LE
By Norm

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I'm giving this car all #8 evaluations because I just bought it today. Using Edmunds price guidelines I bought a 96 Camry LE with some exterior body damage, but 4 brand new tires, battery and recent service. Engine runs smooth, transmission shifts perfectly. It passed an emissions test with no problems. Interior in good condition. Everything works perfectly-power windows, tilt steering wheel, radio, power antenna, air conditioning, heater, etc 164,000 miles. I paid $950.

Can't get anything better
By Psynopsis

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My parents purchased our Camry used in 1997 and it has endured years of use. It never has failed me. I came into ownership of it in early 2007 and I'll admit I have abused it yet this amazing car keeps going and going! It's gone through 6 ft of water, taken off road, even slid off a road a few times during a snow storm yet it still runs strong. Currently has over 242,000 miles on it and shows little signs of aging. Quiet, efficient, and forever reliable. If you want something that will last you forever, get a Camry. P.S. I don't abuse the car anymore. :]

Reliable, gas friendly, quiet, this thing is literally a gas friendly tank.

Cup holders to hold larger cups. Taillights are a pain in the rear to replace!

Just keeps on going
By I heart the Mry

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

My mom gave me this car in 2006 with about 140,000 miles on it. Earlier this year, I decided I should probably start saving for a new car, as the Toyota was getting old. By time this car dies I'll probably have saved enough to buy a new Mercedes. It just keeps going! At 173K right now with no major mechanical repairs. I have recently had little things happen, such as the trunk "pop" mechanism breaking, but I can access it through the backseat for now. I hope my next car (hopefully I can afford another Camry!) lives up to this one's standard.

The reliability and low cost of maintenance. Easy to drive, roomy interior.

The body style is boring, but it is almost 15 years old, so I won't be too harsh on it.

Love my car!
By Sold on Toyota

1996 Toyota Camry Collector V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1996 Camry in 1999 with 19,000 miles one it. It now has over 250,000 miles on it, runs like a champ and still has a very pretty exterior. I still get compliments on it! We have done basic maintenance on it and a couple minor repairs over the years, but it is our most reliable car by far and I take it on errands (less than 2 miles) and long road trips with never a worry. I will buy nothing but a Toyota ever again. This car is awesome - seriously.

The reliability. Can't beat it - keeps on going when our other cars have died. Thought we'd keep as backup, but the primary vehicles couldn't cut it.

My gas cap cover fell off and my leather seats cracked badly...but it is 14 years old. So, no biggie.

Great Vehicle!
By thinklingsbird

1996 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this 13 months ago from a friend of mine for a mere $1,500. It had about 148K on it and I've put probably 15K on it since. Within the past year I've had to change a battery, replace a cooling fan, and that's about it. Nothing major. It starts up every time and runs great. I get roughly 30mpg on the highway and 20-something around town. It's not a beauty, but it's certainly a great car for its utility.

Gas mileage. Reliability.

Can't get much better for what it is.