Used 1995 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 101 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1995 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Awesome and Rageing
By Anand Raj

1995 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

I have driven many cars in my life. I feel that the Camry XLE V6 4Door Sedan drives no less than a Merc's or a Lexus. The smoothness make me wake up everyday morning to drive the car to work.I love my Camry and yes nothing else can offset the V6 engine and Camry with the price I got it for. My car is 2005 but smooth as a 2009 Lexus. What else can I say and ask more than a Camry.

Speed, Smoothness, Awesome power steering, ABS system, Nitro Power switch, Sun roof :) and many many more.

If gas could be improved to few more miles now the Camry is giving 21-23 miles in Town and 30 on Highways.

Great Car
By Lillie

1995 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car in 1996 with 24000 miles. My son was in Kindergarten when purchased and is now in his 2nd year of college. It has been the best car I have ever had. I have owned Fords, etc., but none of them have been reliable. It now has 235000 miles and is finally giving in. I've driven it to Louisiana, Oregon, Kansas many times and has been thru 2 accidents. I wanted a small SUV so I just purchased a 2006 Honda CRV with very low miles and hope to keep it for a long time too. I would have purchased a newer RAV but don't like the style. I would have kept my Camry longer.

The look. Comfortable ride. No road noise.

I'm sure there's been a lot of improvements that have been made since.

A wonderful car to drive, it glides
By happy with my camry

1995 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Wagon

I bought the camry new. It now has 146,000 miles, I use it primarily in the city and occasionally for trips both within CA and to the midwest. It is just very comfortable and easy to drive, I can not stress the joy of driving this car too much. It is reliable too, even at its ripe age of 15 years, it has not let me down, I have maintained it though, with regular service. It gets 19 miles city and 25 miles highway.

Comfortable seats, good visibility, great paint and body (still looks new) Toyota did not skimp on this car, apparently it is on a Lexus chassis, as I later learned, I think this is why it is so wonderful to drive, you get what you pay for.

Wish I could afford to change it to an electric car.

No regrets
By Anthony-56

1995 Toyota Camry XLE V6 4dr Sedan

Have owned my Camry for 3 1/2 years. Bought it from a local dealer with 62,000 miles and paid a extra because of the low miles. But I do not regret the decision. It is about ready to turn over 100,000 and it has no exterior rust and runs like a champ. Very few problems so far. The drivers side door latch needed repair and a valve cover leak. The car is not very exciting but it takes such good care of me and my bank account that I hope it runs forever.

Reliable, fuel economy, comfortable.

Transmission could shift more smoothly.

Did I buy a lemon
By JP

1995 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

My 1995 toyota camry has been somewhat of a lemon. It did have over 200,000 miles when I bought it and it was on the second engine. The reverse went out where it would be somewhat OK at start up if cold, but would not work when the oil got hot. Miraculously it began working again about 2 years after I bought. I would drive it without a reverse but had to be careful where I parked. The door handles broke and I have a tie-string to open the driver's door. Overall the car is junk and it does prove to me very much so that Toyota's are far from perfect and can develop serious problems like all other cars. I still rate Toyota's high though.