Used 1994 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Bullet-proof car
By reid

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 30,000 miles in 1997. It now has 221,000 miles and has never failed. The car burns no oil and has no oil leaks. I keep thinking about buying a new car, but this one won't die. The only defective item was the electric antenna that died at 110,000 miles. Used replacement was expensive at $100.

Tighter suspension

94 Toyota Camry 2.2 4 cylinder
By Evan

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

Over all a great car. 80,000 miles on it and you couldn't tell. My gas mileage is great for a 1.5 ton car. 28 MPG. Smooth ride with smooth shifting. Not very powerful and has a lot of body roll but it's not a sports car and never was made to be. It has a good 4 cylinder engine that can move the car like it was intended to. I like the torque this car puts out for being a 4 cylinder. To me this is a true luxury car. This car is reliable and i bet i will have it for many many more years.

Great ride, nice medium size, quiet at high speeds, with no vibration over a 100 mph, very economical for size, comfort, and dependability!!!

Luxury class- great but maybe a little more power. Family sedan- maybe a little more power if hauling many kids around. Younger person like me- lot more power, 5 speed auto or 6 manual transmission. Stiffer suspension.

94 V6 LE
By scott

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in November of 2004 with 122,000 miles on the odometer. I paid more than book because one-owner Camrys with all the background are hard to find. I've put 54,000 miles on it and have replaced the timing belt, windshield, brakes, front struts and 2 O2 sensors. It is always reliable and gets between 24 and 27 mpg. I love this car and plan on keeping it until something expensive breaks. It does not use a drop of oil between changes.

Comfort, ride, dependability, size

Cup holder, suspension could be stiffer, a little more pep.

94 4-Door XLE V6
By Civil

1994 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan

This has been an absolutely wonderful car. It has 167k miles on it, and it just did a cross country trip yesterday getting 29 MPG. Not much more to say than its been a wonderful car!

The up and down telescoping antenna needs to be replaced every several years, and the paint comes off the hub caps.

Rock Solid Reliability
By Don

1994 Toyota Camry LE V6 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1994 Camry LE V6 used 7.5 years ago with 57k miles on it. I’ve put 90k miles on the car since and it’s been a fantastically reliable car. The car felt light on its feet. One thing I always hated about the V6 engine was the lack of low end torque. Until you rev the engine up to 3000 RPM, it feels like a 4 cylinder. The suspension was far too soft so I would always get a lot of body roll when I took turns. Definitely not a fun car to drive. The car is meant for people who want a smooth ride.

What I loved most about this car is that it’s so reliable and trouble free. I was surprised to find the transmission shifting very smoothly after so many years and miles. It still shows no signs of trouble.

I would like to see Toyota give the Camry a slightly sportier feel, first by making the suspension slightly stiffer. The lack of low end torque was also very annoying. Also, the V6 engine requires premium gas for optimal performance. A non-premium car should not require premium gas.