Used 1994 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1994 Toyota Camry

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Super High Milage
By Louis

1994 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car brand new in May of 1994 and used to commute to work daily for 14 years without any failure. Mileage today is 476,000 miles. Original engine, no major engine failure. Maintenance is the usual timing belt, and tune up only, changed water pump, radiator and clutch once, about 4 years ago. Everything else is still original.

Love it
By CamryBuff

1994 Toyota Camry DX 4dr Wagon

This car has 223k on it and it runs great. Leaks a little bit of oil and the engine has a small problem but that can only be expected after so long. I am looking to upgrade to a newer Camry as I am just waiting for this one to die. Don't understand why Toyota doesn't still make these though.

Can fit a 4x8 sheet of foam in the car with the seats down, it'll just last forever if u take care of it.

Only two cup holders and one gets smashed when the shifter is in park.

260000 and a blown head gasket
By redneckjdr

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

I have a 94 Toyota Camry that I am the 3rd owner of. My mother was the 2nd and bought it used in 1995 with a little over 15,000 miles on it. I think that it is an unbeatable car as far as durability and reliability. The 2.2lt sohc 4 cyl has more than enough power and with the electronically controlled 4 speed auto trans it uses it in all the right rpms depending on how much gas petal is used. I have put this car through its paces for sure with 168,000 miles on it when I got it I definitely put the hardest of the 260,000 miles on it. The only major repair I had to do was replace the cv joints 3 times but that was because of hard driving. I am having the motor rebuilt because of a blown head gasket.

good strong engine durable inside and out no major repairs need to the motor throughout ownership smooth ride even beyond 100 mph good fuel economy

bigger cup holders v6 with the 5 speed

Very Reliable, Excellent Quality
By MistR Pardi

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

As far as quality goes this car rates a 20. When I bought my 94 Camry I first thought it was a 97 or 98 from the looks of the interior. I know cars and this car is solid. No parts falling apart or ripping seats like others in its class. Only repairs I have had to do were fix the rear struts and a small oil leak so far. I also replaced the timing belt which made the car brand new. Keep up with oil changes and tune ups and this car will drive forever.

Interior quality. Nothing is easily broken or damaged. Superior quality to many brand new cars on the market today.

None really. If you get the spoiler on the coupe or 4 dr it looks fairly sporty for the price. But it is more of a family sedan so if you wanted sporty this would not really be your choice.

Will be my favorite.. 2.2 auto 4dr LE
By Evan

1994 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan

80,000 miles, 14 years old, and still going strong. The Toyota Camry, one of the best cars ever made. Very quiet drive, smooth transmission, lots of space for people and stuff, the 4 cylinder engine can handle this 1.5 ton car remarkably well. I get about 27-29 MPG with a lot of town driving and a little highway. This car gets its primary power around 4,000 to 5,500 RPM. Good torque for being a 4 cylinder compared to its horsepower. Even over 100mph, there were not vibrations and everything was smooth and in control. Overall this car has a comfortable and quiet drive, and has the reliability of a Toyota to get you there.

The ride, power everything, good gas mileage for a 1.5 ton car. Well made engine and transmission. Reliability!!!

Well this car isn’t a sports car, but for me I guess it could have a more powerful engine, with a 5 or 6 speed auto and maybe a 6 speed manual a valuable. Steering is a little soft and the corning isn’t the best. Sportier look. Not a big deal cause this car is great how it is.